Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am so sick of the growing numbers of cowards.
without giving out to much info.

a student at a middle school stabbed a teacher with a pen.

the teacher went back and did nothing. she got confronted by another teacher
and her response was she was afraid to get fired. fired this lady is tenured.

it was proposed well what would you do?

with a doubt call the police get the kid arrested, then leave school and go to see a psychiatrist and go on
administrated leave. collect the pay then when you get fired hire an attorney and file a complaint
with the union. subpoena the entire school for anything that was said and threats
not filed.

and laugh all the way to bank.

safety> job.

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
You're in a really bad place for BS political correctness.

You should try 'fly over country' where people still have a moral compass. You'd probably be happier.

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
QUOTE (Zenriddles @ Apr 9 2009, 07:59 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=716580

You should try 'fly over country' where people still have a moral compass. You'd probably be happier.[/b]
'fly over country' got a lot smaller last November.

·
Registered
7,373 Posts
QUOTE (risoworker @ Apr 9 2009, 03:28 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=716519

with a doubt call the police get the kid arrested, then leave school and go to see a psychiatrist and go on
administrated leave. collect the pay then when you get fired hire an attorney and file a complaint
with the union. subpoena the entire school for anything that was said and threats
not filed.

safety> job.[/b]
I wouldn't do that.....why would you go after the school when it's the kids fault? Why would you see a psychiatrist anyway?

Simple stuff: you get stabbed, if you didn't fight back, then you call the police. Kid gets arrested. You take a leave of absence IF YOU NEED IT. If not, continue teaching.

That's it. Period. You don't go on a wild witch hunt trying to find every piece of notebook paper that kid wrote on it with "I want to stab the teacher." You don't sue the school or the union for "mental distress" and "housing such a student."

You get the wound fixed and you go back to work. End of story.

·
Registered
7,373 Posts
QUOTE (Zenriddles @ Apr 9 2009, 08:59 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=716580

You should try 'fly over country' where people still have a moral compass. You'd probably be happier.[/b]
Hmmm....most people have a pretty strong moral compass here in North Carolina, and we're not considered "flyover country."

Gotta love stereotypes :thumb:

QUOTE (Rock Strongo @ Apr 9 2009, 10:24 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=716607
I don't think you understand what tenure is if you think she cannot be fired over this. It just takes a little longer.[/b]
She wouldn't be fired over reporting a kid for stabbing her at all.

"Tenure can only be revoked for cause, normally only following severe misconduct by the professor. Revocation is usually a lengthy and tedious procedure. In Colorado, where the question of what constitutes grounds for dismissal of a tenured professor arose as the result of the controversial comments of Ward Churchill regarding the victims of the 9/11 attack, grounds for dismissal are "professional incompetence, neglect of duty, insubordination, conviction of a felony or any offense involving moral turpitude… or sexual harassment or other conduct which falls below minimum standards of professional integrity." - Wikipedia

·
Premium Member
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
QUOTE (soccernamlak @ Apr 9 2009, 11:23 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=716650
QUOTE (risoworker @ Apr 9 2009, 03:28 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=716519

not filed.

safety> job.[/b]
I wouldn't do that.....why would you go after the school when it's the kids fault? Why would you see a psychiatrist anyway?

Simple stuff: you get stabbed, if you didn't fight back, then you call the police. Kid gets arrested. You take a leave of absence IF YOU NEED IT. If not, continue teaching.

That's it. Period. You don't go on a wild witch hunt trying to find every piece of notebook paper that kid wrote on it with "I want to stab the teacher." You don't sue the school or the union for "mental distress" and "housing such a student."

You get the wound fixed and you go back to work. End of story.
[/b][/quote]
see soccer there is more to the story that involves the principal and what he/she said.

if i was the teacher and knew the principal will never back me i would leave on stress. hence the psych.
i would be covering my ass just like the school did.

the kid also threatened another teacher saying he/she was next.

·
Registered
179 Posts
QUOTE (soccernamlak @ Apr 10 2009, 12:27 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=716653

"Tenure can only be revoked for cause, normally only following severe misconduct by the professor. Revocation is usually a lengthy and tedious procedure. In Colorado, where the question of what constitutes grounds for dismissal of a tenured professor arose as the result of the controversial comments of Ward Churchill regarding the victims of the 9/11 attack, grounds for dismissal are "professional incompetence, neglect of duty, insubordination, conviction of a felony or any offense involving moral turpitude… or sexual harassment or other conduct which falls below minimum standards of professional integrity." - Wikipedia[/b]
Sorry, but in reality the teacher will probably be the last one to be believed. All it takes is for the kid to say that the teacher somehow threatened or initiated the assault and for just one of his/her friends to back up the story. Parents will be up in arms and that teacher is very likely to lose her job. You overestimate common sense in the administration of today's schools. This is not just speculation on my part, I base this opinion on real events.

·
Premium Member
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
QUOTE (Rock Strongo @ Apr 10 2009, 06:29 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=716689
QUOTE (soccernamlak @ Apr 10 2009, 12:27 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=716653

"Tenure can only be revoked for cause, normally only following severe misconduct by the professor. Revocation is usually a lengthy and tedious procedure. In Colorado, where the question of what constitutes grounds for dismissal of a tenured professor arose as the result of the controversial comments of Ward Churchill regarding the victims of the 9/11 attack, grounds for dismissal are "professional incompetence, neglect of duty, insubordination, conviction of a felony or any offense involving moral turpitude… or sexual harassment or other conduct which falls below minimum standards of professional integrity." - Wikipedia[/b]
Sorry, but in reality the teacher will probably be the last one to be believed. All it takes is for the kid to say that the teacher somehow threatened or initiated the assault and for just one of his/her friends to back up the story. Parents will be up in arms and that teacher is very likely to lose her job. You overestimate common sense in the administration of today's schools. This is not just speculation on my part, I base this opinion on real events.
[/b][/quote]
sad but true.

·
Premium Member
1,096 Posts
Unless there's more going to the story, a principal that won't deal with a stabbing or any personal attack that results in injury is incompetent. Perhaps it's the principal you meant when you used the word 'coward?'

If I were the teacher, I'd go to the school board. After lining up other teachers to back me up.

I'd also read a lot of back issues of my local newspaper and identify which reporter covers school incidents with any sort of intelligence and contact that reporter.

There are instance after instance of situations where the actions of a dangerous kid is ignored, only later to have the kid escalate into incidents involving severe injury, death, multiple shootings...

Society's traditional fix is to isolate the wrongdoer.... sometimes works. Sometimes counseling works (when the acting out is a call for help). Sometimes police presence works. Sometimes when you're the victim, only applying for and getting a transfer will work (or quitting and finding a job in a better school will work... or a different job entirely...)

·
Premium Member
7,306 Posts
The kid needs a belt. Plain and simple.

Kid was probably trying to be "ghetto" and thought it would be "hip" to prove how "tough" he is.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
QUOTE (Millermagic @ Apr 10 2009, 07:33 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=716697
The kid needs a belt. Plain and simple.

Kid was probably trying to be "ghetto" and thought it would be "hip" to prove how "tough" he is.[/b]
If he was trying to be ghetto he would have stabbed her with a knife... Methinks this was probably just some young troublemaker... Not a real bad ass kid but one that has behavioural issues and would lash out like this if really confronted by an authority figure... Maybe the teacher was worried about being fired because she did something wrong as well? Just a thought.

And soccer, North Carolina isn't fly over country because there is an ocean on the one side of it! :lol2:

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
When I was in school the teachers used to physically assault the students, not the other way around. I watched my football coach use his fists to beat down one of the guys on the team. Punched him countless times in the stomach. :shrug:

·
Registered
119 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,482 Posts
QUOTE (2000Sable @ Apr 10 2009, 02:46 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=716757
When I was in school the teachers used to physically assault the students, not the other way around. I watched my football coach use his fists to beat down one of the guys on the team. Punched him countless times in the stomach. :shrug:[/b]
Sounds like a ghetto school. Like ones you see "based on a true story" in movies (that one with Sam. L. Jackson)

We use to get the ruler back in the day. But got to love how over time now, an adult can get thrown in jail for evening making a threat. Then see all these youtube/etc videos of kids on a bus, school's front lawn, there homes, etc beating the shat out of other kids and whomever is currently responsible for them. Saw that one vide of some kid that got upset because the bus driver wanted them to sit back in there seat. He takes off his jacket, walks up to her and ends up punching her multiple times in the face and head. Was some older lady that I believe ended up retiring after this.

I know it tends to be a touchy subject on it being the parents fault. But, long story short, my fiance's sister and her 4 kids ages 3-9 moved in. Every single one will barely listen to her. Entirely to many doors slamming shut, running around, LOTS of screaming among every body (usually just being loud playing), and she can't keep them under control. Simple reason, they are not disciplined. It aggravates me to know end for them to finally get her really upset that she grounds them for a week no phone and what not. That night she lets them go to their friends house at stay the night. EVERY time they get into enough trouble to get punished, within 2 hours they're allowed to go do whatever. Example, they get the ok to get taking to the park Saturday, but ended up being complete monkey's all week long with many threats to get it taken away, probably even one more than 1 occasion it IS takien away, they still go. Not to mention how many times I hear her curse at them with F-bombs and threats to punch/hit/etc wherever. No sense in grounding them to there room anyhow as they spend enough time in there as it is with cable tv in there bedroom. She HAS sent them to there room, and there back out after the cartoon is done like nothing happened.

Point being, when these kids are 13-20, how do you think they will act? All starts in the home. 1 of there first cousin's got kicked off the bus for the rest of the school year for doing god knows what. Fiance has 3 sisters, with 10 kids amongst them and every one is like this. With all the uptight parents out there, everyone's to afraid to do what kids (in my opinion) really need. All it would take is one of the to say something to there friends and a teacher overhears it and child protection is knocking at our door.

And people ask me and her why we don't have kids yet. We are coming up on our 6th year together, and no intentions of any, any time soon. Her nieces and nephews are a walking billboard of birth control. :mellow:

·
Premium Member
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
plain and simple.
PARENTS TODAY NEED TO STOP TRYING TO BE THEIR KIDS BEST FRIEND and discipline their kids.

I'm in my early 30's and without a doubt my mom at 63 would still give me
a back hand in public and then tell the parents watching to call dcyf. :lol2:

·
Registered
328 Posts
And I quote Tom Berenger, playing the role of Jonathan Shale in The Substitute:

"I'm in charge of this classroom. I'm the warrior chief, the merciless god who stirs anything in its path. You ###### with me, and you will suffer my wrath. "

I see eye to eye with this, and find no fault in the logic.

Tim

1 - 20 of 22 Posts