Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I might have a Santa Fe coming into my posession at some point, but alas, I can't remember the year and have no means by which to determine its year until much later in the week. It has a premium sound system in it which sounds fairly nice on its own, but I'm curious as to the specs. It's somewhere between the 2000-2004 year bracket, and I was wondering if anyone could help me find the specs on the premium sound systems for those years cause I personally fail at using google it would seem... -.-

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I might have a Santa Fe coming into my posession at some point, but alas, I can't remember the year and have no means by which to determine its year until much later in the week. It has a premium sound system in it which sounds fairly nice on its own, but I'm curious as to the specs. It's somewhere between the 2000-2004 year bracket, and I was wondering if anyone could help me find the specs on the premium sound systems for those years cause I personally fail at using google it would seem... -.-
[/b]
Okay, narrowed it down to the 2002 Santa Fe premium system. Ayudame?

·
Premium Member
2,170 Posts
If it's your car then the specs will be what you put in it, don't keep the stock radio! :)

I checked quickly but also could not find anything. I think it's a pretty obscure spec to be found on a car like that, your best bet would be an enthusiast board.

I drove an 05 and it was one of the WORST handling cars I've ever driven, if this is going to be your car do some suspension upgrades to it (if any are available) to make it safer. I could not immagine any evasive maneuver in that car (truck?) going well at all.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If it's your car then the specs will be what you put in it, don't keep the stock radio! :)

I checked quickly but also could not find anything. I think it's a pretty obscure spec to be found on a car like that, your best bet would be an enthusiast board.

I drove an 05 and it was one of the WORST handling cars I've ever driven, if this is going to be your car do some suspension upgrades to it (if any are available) to make it safer. I could not immagine any evasive maneuver in that car (truck?) going well at all.
[/b]
I've driven the vehicle before, and although it's quite obvious the thing is not designed for exceptional handling, but I was comfortable enough driving it. I had already planned on a suspension upgrade, probably tying into lowering the thing a bit. Not that I'm a fan of low riding "trucks", but the thing is pretty much a car that sits 4 inches higher than normal, I'd be doing myself a favor by lowering it back down. I know the kit exists to do so, just a matter of securing the wheels first!

·
Premium Member
2,170 Posts
The car should do a lot better lowered, it is more of a car anyways, with AWD to help out in the snow.

Hey, have you ever posted originals of your sig pics? They look pretty cool from the thumbnails.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts