Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Sorry for the fuzzy image, battaries died on that picture.

These were quite disappointing..... anyone know where I can get REALLY bright ones?

Or really bright WHITE bulbs. I have nothing against the amber ones, really i'm not racist. (lighten up ppl
)

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Those look pretty freakin bright to me

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
We tried a set of LED lights for turn signals once on my Aspire. They were not bright enough for daytime driving.

It said on the box "For Show Use Only", I didn't believe them.

·
Registered
946 Posts
No there not that bright at all. They look nice tho
Secondly, how is it that your turn signal is pure white. I thought Gen4's had amber lenses?

Unless the amber that I am seeing replaced the Gen3 front side marker that was on the bumper. So, the new Gen4's have a clear front but with an amber bulb up front and then an amber lensed side as well?

Maybe I am up to late

·
Registered
161 Posts
What I like about the Gen 1 is, it doesn't have an amber lens, so I can use a white bulb.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I used some actual eurolite bulbs. I can't remember what the code was on them and if their the same for the genIV, but mine work very well. They're about as bright as my headlight are.

and once again... blurry picture time...

Thats what mine look like. I actually bought these bulbs at a local car audio and import shop. They were something like $9 a bulb. I think it was well worth it, because I get a lot of compliments on them.

·
Registered
236 Posts
mine does it because when i turn the flash off on the digital camera, it takes a couple seconds to take the picture, and if i move the camera at all, it makes the picture blurry. I haven't figured out a way to get around this, but if anyone else can help me figure it out, I'd be very greatful, because it sucks taking pictures and holding completely still.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Secondly, how is it that your turn signal is pure white. I thought Gen4's had amber lenses?

Unless the amber that I am seeing replaced the Gen3 front side marker that was on the bumper. So, the new Gen4's have a clear front but with an amber bulb up front and then an amber lensed side as well?[/b]

There is only a small piece of orange on the sides of the headlight. I haven't cracked them open yet, but soon I will have all clear headlights.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts