Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know everyone knows about water leaks coming from the HVAC system, however I found out about somewhere else in that area water is entering. I just had the floor repaired and the cause of the floor rotting out on the passenger side was because of water intrusion. After a lot of checking for the source of the leak and not finding anything after being under a steady supply of water, the body shop found or heard about a thing to check, the drain for the HVAC. That wasn't actually the problem, but he did find the leak while looking in the area. Right where the two heater hoses pass through the firewall was the source of the leak. The gaskets that were originally there were no longer sealing. He said the water wasn't a lot that was coming in, but it was enough that over time it would have cause the extensive rusting out I experienced.

So to all those checking for a water leak, check where you heater hoses enter the firewall. To fix it, he applied urethane to the area and the leak is gone. Hope this info is helpful.

·
Super Moderator
7,692 Posts
Thanks for the tip!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
Jeff K
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing