Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all.

I just noticed today that when I turn on the parking or headlights, there is a slight huminng that starts on the speakers. If I turn off the parking lights, the hum stops.
Th ehum is very low though, heard when idling with me sitting inside the car with blower off.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Spridget. YES the hanyes manual was indeed useful.
Well yes I changed the alternator about 2 weeks back. Wow what a memory u got :)
Not sure if its because of the alternator.
Because this low hum starts only when I turn my lights park/head lights on.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Sounds to me like you might need a new and better ground, thats might solve your Speaker Hum problem

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thx taurus..
So wher do you think I need to put this new/additional ground.
and Oh the new alternator was a 130 Amp. I guess the old stock one I had was 110 amp..

·
Registered
639 Posts
Heres a little experiment that will show you what is wrong, dont have any music on but turn up your computer speakers, you will hear a hiss, its from power being sent to the speakers. I think with your car to much or to little power is being sent.

-Ryan

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Could it because of an aging battery?
When I have the emergency flashers on, and the dome light on. The dome light dimms & brightes when the flashers turn on & off.

Also when operating the power windows and when it hits all the way to the top, the headlights dim till when I release the window switch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts