Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I haven't been able to find a thread answering either of these. Please send me in the right direction if you've seen something.

I have a 2015 SHO that i purchased in March with about 45,000 on it. A few weeks after purchasing it I noticed a kind of hum or grind when driving and going around left turns. Its only while moving and only in that direction. Nothing from a stop and nothing when turning the other direction. My wife has a limited of the same year and I have never noticed the sound from her car. I know its something that shouldn't be there I just cant figure out what it could be and don't want to take it to a mechanic for them to poke around on until they locate the issue. Any thoughts?

I have resolved the lighting issue. It was in fact a fuse under the dash.

Thanks for all the help!

Eric

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have not. I didn't know if any that would only affect turning one direction while in motion. I'll start there.

·
Registered
22,485 Posts
Noise when turning left is indicative of a failing rf wheel bearing. Right turn noise signals a failing lf wheel bearing. This is due to bearing load.

·
Registered
155 Posts
My '06 500 went thru several front wheel bearings and sounded exactly as you described. Store brands are not the best choice for these, go OEM, and get a good torque wrench for installation.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts