Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
you ask a question that can not be answered definitavly....

Depends on:

Car
Temperature
Altitude
the good lords mood
tranny condition
engine condition
fuel octane
chip
programmer
actual values in programming
Yada -yada
other mods on your car
what mood your car is in
How much bling is in/on your car (affects above)
Etc.

Realistically, your looking at from 0-20 hp

Brad

·
Registered
437 Posts
With our chip, you might see similar gains as D'man's cars, which is about the average. You can search for the dynosheets on this forum. What you pick up most of, and this is a good thing, is low end. But you do pick up high end as well.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
I've seen from the forums and read about this chip or microtuner. I would like to install it in my car so far to see how it moves with it. Therefore, I was wondering when Brad said the gains depends in the condition of the car - so what about if the transmission change gear but not smoothly at all? Will this chip make it change gears better or something? <_<

PS: The transmission works fine but I've notice a few days it had been changing gears with a little bit of problem. It turned out I didnt have transmission oil when I checked there.

Thanks;

Frank

·
Registered
437 Posts
As far as affecting the shifts, I can make them firmer and faster...

I cannot compensate for lack of tranny oil though, of course, or any mechanical failure.

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
8if your engine isbeat, or your transmission slps or had a poor torque converter...you will net diffrent results in the end. For example, i have had 2 identicle 99's and the more recent has more milage, yet pulls harder in the 1/4 mile. This is because it was obviously taken better care of.

My chip (on the old car) got me 7.2hp and 10.8tq, which is pretty good, and actually is better than it sounds. this is because the chip was designed for 93 /octane annd i dynoed with 89. So most of the gains were not even showing.

Brad

·
Registered
437 Posts
You're right in part. You forgot to add that higher mileage cars in the range of say 65-70k, are "looser" in the drivetrain and thus pull harder (less parasitics). However, they wll also show higher numbers w/o a chip so...

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Well Alberto which one would be better as far regarding to better shifts or perfomance the 92 right?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Shifts and auto tranny performance, as well as better throttle response, etc. is not affected by octane rating. However, for optimum power, tuning for premium is better than regular.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts