Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wondering how its going, has any progress been made? any performance numbers availiable now? horsepower, torque, 0 to 60, and 1/4 mile times? just wondering cuz i havent heard anything about it in a while. whata bout that other guy who did the supercharge thing? malvin or something like that?

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
I doubt you'll get a reply because neither of them have been around for a while. DMX pops in and out every once in a while, but I haven't seen Malvin25 for months.

DMX ran a dyno (torque only) at his school a while back. Here's the pic (from archives):

I remember Malvin was having a few problems with getting his running, but once again, he hasn't been around much lately, so I don't know a lot about his situation.

·
Premium Member
548 Posts
Sorry about the dimished presence lately, you know how it is with school and stuff. I'm still here to answer any Qs that may come up just shoot me a PM if i miss the thread and i'll come post in it.

Anyway here is a thread i just made about the progress as of late : http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/index.php?act=ST&f=19&t=1524

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by DeltarMN@Jan 21 2004, 12:06 AM
Hey 91tsiawd5spd do you by chance drive a 1991 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD ?
you know it, rebuilt motor, rebuilt transfer case, act 2600, rewired walbro 255, unorthadox underdrive crank pulley, k&n, hard upper and lower intercooler piping, intercooler sprayer, enlarged inlet and outlets on stock sidemount intercooler, 2.5 inch down pipe with no cat and 3 inch cat back, small 16g turbo, tial 38mm wastegate with external dump, autometer guages, greddy turbo timer, smog delete, egr blockoff, ac delete, radio delete, lightweight oz f1 rims with falken tires, ported 2g manifold and custom o2 housing.

J

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by 91tsiawd5spd+Jan 21 2004, 03:43 AM-->QUOTE (91tsiawd5spd @ Jan 21 2004, 03:43 AM)
<!--QuoteBegin-DeltarMN
@Jan 21 2004, 12:06 AM
you know it, rebuilt motor, rebuilt transfer case, act 2600, rewired walbro 255, unorthadox underdrive crank pulley, k&n, hard upper and lower intercooler piping, intercooler sprayer, enlarged inlet and outlets on stock sidemount intercooler, 2.5 inch down pipe with no cat and 3 inch cat back, small 16g turbo, tial 38mm wastegate with external dump, autometer guages, greddy turbo timer, smog delete, egr blockoff, ac delete, radio delete, lightweight oz f1 rims with falken tires. [/b]

What kind of 1/4 mile and 0-60 times are you getting w/ that? Any Dyno numbers?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by jason8225+Jan 21 2004, 09:34 AM-->QUOTE (jason8225 @ Jan 21 2004, 09:34 AM)
Originally posted by [email protected] 21 2004, 03:43 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-DeltarMN
@Jan 21 2004, 12:06 AM

you know it, rebuilt motor, rebuilt transfer case, act 2600, rewired walbro 255, unorthadox underdrive crank pulley, k&n, hard upper and lower intercooler piping, intercooler sprayer, enlarged inlet and outlets on stock sidemount intercooler, 2.5 inch down pipe with no cat and 3 inch cat back, small 16g turbo, tial 38mm wastegate with external dump, autometer guages, greddy turbo timer, smog delete, egr blockoff, ac delete, radio delete, lightweight oz f1 rims with falken tires.

What kind of 1/4 mile and 0-60 times are you getting w/ that? Any Dyno numbers?

[/b]
ive never taken it to the track, had it 7 months now. guy i bought the car from though went 12.94 in the 1/4 on race gas and around 20 psi. that was on the stock 14b turbo with less mods done to the car. the car now has a larger small 16g turbo and more mods. 0 to 60 times should be somewhere in the 4`s with a hard launch, awd is nasty. heres a link to a dsm website outlining the first stage of mods you should do and what you would expect from these mods. i have all of them and more

"A typical Stage 1 setup will cost around $2000 for parts, assuming you do all the work - exact cost can vary greatly, especially if you're able to find deals on used parts. Of course, it's also easy to spend significantly more. As always, determine your budget first and find the areas where you can save money. A Stage 1 setup will raise power output on a DSM to about 300hp at the crank. That can equal low 13's or possibly high 12 second 1/4 mile times on the track depending on the condition of the car, and of course, the most important factor, driver skill level. "

click stage 1
http://dsmtuners.com/tuning-guide/1gturbo/

my car was also in the july issue of sport compact car in the best street car contest. the previous owner sent it in. didnt win but cool.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts