Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all I really appreciate this site being here !!!! I have learned so much from the guides and forums so far and hopefully will be able to contribute some stuff myself.

I have done basic stuff on my GenIV (plugs, coolant change, oil, brake pads, etc) which comes to my question. I am about to change the rotors and pads and bleed the brakes. Should I bleed the braked first or after the new gear is installed ? Or does it even matter <_<

I was thinkin about gettin one of those air pressure trinkets to put on there when I bleed the lines (Think AutoZone has em for $5.00, any good ?) Or stick to the basic two man pedal pump ?

Thanks

·
Registered
318 Posts
Hi!
Welcome!

Bleed the brakes last. After everything else is done.

I've not seen the gadget you describe, but the two-man pedal-push always works. Buy a pal a beer, and have him tromp on the pedal for ya.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Closest... I remember having read farthest first. :unsure:

Ya i got that autozone one man bleeder kit.. with the magnetic bottle... pretty good.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the tips Sable & Capitol !!!!

I do appreciate it :)

Sundarpn, good question..... If the longer line (further away) from the master cylinder would hold more fluid, would almost make sense to drain that line first, but then again I don't know.

I also read somewhere in this forum that for the power steering fluid you can use a turkey baster and extract a pint or so at a time and keep replenishing & repeating the process it over the course of week...... That's a pretty good idea, but I wonder.... Does power steering fluid circulate when driving ? If not, would seem best to just disconnect the line, drain it out and replenish it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts