Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what everyone's opinons are on the seats they have in their car. I personally don't like the seats in my '99 SE. It just feels like there's no give to them. What's everyone elses thoughts?

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
my 2000 cloth seats are comfy, but I have heard that the leathers are even better. This is why i am converting.

·
Registered
145 Posts
The cloth in my 01 SES are okay. Very decent on long trips. If you were looking for something that would make you feel like you just strapped in to something with any kind of performance, look elsewhere. They kinf of remind me of the bench seat in my old Vic. And these are buckets.....

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
The original cloth seats were ok... nothing special though. I swapped in a set of leather SHO seats and they offer more lateral support, but the driver's seat makes my back hurt after long trips. I think an overweight person owned the seats before me and wore out the butt support.

The headrests are all junk... Gen 4's have real headrests

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
I didn't really like the cloth seats in my GEN3, they didn't provide enough support. The leather seats I have now are great! I was able to get lumbar with the leather, which I like alot. It makes things a lot more comfortable for me.

·
Registered
221 Posts
my 95 gl seats are comfy but they need more lumbar support. Thinking of swaping in sho seats (except they're expensive).

·
Premium Member
4,180 Posts
the g2 sho seats are soo comfy, wouldnt trade them for anything. and i like the 1/2 leather/cloth combo compared to the full leather. the cloth sticks to you around turns, in the leather you slide around alot more. trust me. ive been on a road course in full leather passenger seat. i had to hold firmly to not slide out. well, ron might just be a crazy driver. not sure which

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
I have race buckets in the SHO, and they're fantastic in the corners. The seating area is some kind of grippy nylon, and it really holds you. The bolsters are rediculous, there's no lateral movement at all. Tripwise, they suck. The drive back from CT was asstastic.

The GL, well, it holds my butt up off the floor. That's about it. The driver's seat is squished. Passenger side is nice though. :neutral:

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
I've got gray cloth seats with the fold out cup holders. They're alright I guess. I wish they had more lumbar support as well as being heated, plus the rear bench seat did'nt come with the fold down option. (What was I thinking....DUHHH!!!).
I'd give anything for gray leather.

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
I like my seats, nice on long trips when its not too hot out, would kind of be nice to have perferated leather to cool your back a bit. oh and don't forget the broken spring so accosionally my ass will fall asleep. (very wierd fealing), my pass seat when properly conditioned is awsome as well as not being slipery.

I may have a full G1 interior going up for sale soon. black. seats, trim, everything

·
Registered
702 Posts
Id have to give my leather seats an 8. They're really comfy, but eventually I want to get some SHO leather seats instead.

Z

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
the seats are actually one of my biggest disapointments with my car. The feel flat like I'm sitting on them and not in them, minimal latteral support, and terrible, terrible back support. Lumbar helps somewhat, but doesn't improve the seats much IMO.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I find that the cloth seats in my 2000 are pretty comfortable, much more so than my wife's 626, I think. I wish that the headrests raised up just a tad bit higher so that they could do their job properly. Overall, though, I like them.

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
I love the cloth/leather trimmed seats in my Gen III. They provide good lateral support, but not great lateral support. They are very good on long trips and my butt doesn't fall asleep in them, unless my wallet is in my back seat.

I'd give my seats a 7/10, as the lumbar could be better, as could the headrests, but other than that, they're kickass!

JR

·
Premium Member
2,543 Posts
The seats in my 04 are pretty comfortable, but the backrest may be a little flatter than the ones in my former 00. Worlds better than Focus seats, though.

Not as good as the Recaros in my Cougar though.........

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The part I don't like about my seats is the bottom. The back support is fine because my driver's seat has power lumbar, but there's just no give to the bottom of the seat. My butt fell asleep on the trips to and from Minneapolis this summer. I was thinking of getting SHO seats, but I sat in one when I went car shopping with one of my friends, and I was really disappointed. It's pretty much the exact same seat as in my car (cloth), just with the lateral supports :(

Now the seats in my Mustang, those are seats. Cloth, driver's seat is powered. No power lumbar, but no need for it. Those are the most comfortable seats I've ever sat in in any car.

·
Registered
901 Posts
I like my gen II sable cloth seats! Except for the fact that the drivers seat had about 10 sig burns because the past owner was an ass and didn't know how to use an ash tray! Speaking of sig burns, the dealership i bought my car from did a crappy patch job that doesn't blend in to well. there are a couple on the door too. Does anyone know of a way I could get this repaired so it would blend and they wouldn't be nearly as noticable! If anyone has experiance with this advice would be greatly appreciated!
you can see them on one of my interior pics in the garage!
never mind heres the garage pic

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts
Mine don't get as much credit as they deserve, I whine about them all the time but that's because they're not leather and they don't have those SHO side bolsters. They do support my back pretty well with the lumbar and long trips are a breeze. I don't like the cloth material on them though. I often through a blanket over it.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts