Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Happy Birthday to me - my buddy got me a sub. It's a 12" 200w 4ohm, and I already ordered the amp. I have a 2000 FFV Sedan. The sub and amp are going in the trunk. I already bought the wiring kit as well.

Here's the big question. What's the best way to run the wires from the trunk to the front? I'm assuming there will be a few. I'm new to wiring this myself. I've ran plenty of receivers before, but this is a little different.

Here's the wiring kit I bought: EFX 8-gauge Amplifier Wiring Kit Power and signal connections for your new amp at Crutchfield.com

·
Registered
52 Posts
Ok well the best way to wire any amplifier is to run a positive from the front battery to the back batteries/amp(depending on if you have extra batteries in the back) and front the negative all the way to the front battery again. Since you are only going to be running that little power then a great great ground isnt needed so go ahead and find any bolt, preferrably having a direct connection to the frame WITHOUT welds, and plzce it there after you sand the paint off of the body of the car where you are placing the negative terminal. Any more questions let me know... nice to know someone epse is having fun with a sytem here... i have a BTL 15 in a 4th Order tuned to 47hz if you know what those are lol

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man. I was really wondering where I should physically run the cables? When I ran the original wiring, I lifted the trim on the driver's side and tucked it all underneath, but that was much thinner than 8-gauge!

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
The 8 gauge will still fit under the driver's side trim/carpet. I fit 4 gauge in there easily. I removed the back seat and ran the wire directly into the trunk.

·
Registered
144 Posts
But how do I get it past the firewall?
There is a hole above the driver's side stut tower in the engine bay, you'll need to use a wire hanger to reach it.

it comes into the cabin above the fuse box, you'll need to remove the cover

I fit 4 gauge through there and I have a feeling 1/0 would fit so 8 gauge should be easy.

·
Premium Member
1,407 Posts
There is a hole above the driver's side stut tower in the engine bay, you'll need to use a wire hanger to reach it.

it comes into the cabin above the fuse box, you'll need to remove the cover

I fit 4 gauge through there and I have a feeling 1/0 would fit so 8 gauge should be easy.
I got 2/0 in there ... 8 gauge will fit np... Also I didnt take my cover off... just poke a wire hanger into the engine bay and tape the end og the wire to the hanger and pull it inside... and ur done lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts