Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I just refilled A/C on my 2000 Taurus and I had found that low pressure valve is leaking. I can hear hissing sound and I'm positive valve is the reason why my A/C doesn't work just 2 days after refill. Is there any way to replace the valve or have something put on the valve to prevent leaking?

Thanks,
Klikerko

·
Registered
56 Posts
If you mean cycle switch on top of accumulator, you just unscrew it and screw new one. There is a valve in accumulator (similar to one in charging port), what should prevent freon leakage.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Alex, I need to change valve on charging connector. Looks like it's welded and cannot be replaced. I think I will have to find some creative way to prevent leaking.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just changed both mine. I ordered a tool off internet but not here for 4 weeks they say. So.........I put bolt in vice, took zipcut blade and made slice down middle of bolt, then drilled a hole in middle of bolt because spring goes down middle of tool.
I got both valves out, low side and high.
Could not find any tools to get job done, so made my own.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got it Roof, thanks... So it is possible to remove valve like that. I guess you used same tool to put new valve back in place? Where did you bought replacement valves?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same problem with my 1997 Taurus. The valve has a rubber ball so you can't just change the core. The whole valve can be easily taken off by a wrench. Ford part number for the valve is F3AZ19E762B.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks daxia,

For now I improvised something on the valve with peace of rubber tubing and hose clamps. That stopped leaking and AC is working for a week now. I will leave it as is until leaks again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts