Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I replace the megafuse? Where do I get a new one, do I have to go to the dealership, or will the local parts store have it on hand?

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Go over to LKQ Self Serve on Rivers Ave in North Charleston (right near where I-26/526 cross. Pick up some Megafuses from junked Taurus/Sables. $2 entry.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Agree, then tell us how it got blown.

-chart-
Well…to make a long story short, I replaced my battery terminals after doing a big 3 upgrade. I then realized that my alternator and amp weren’t turning on. Everything was running fine with the old terminals, but now there are problems. After having the alt tested(it was good!) and troubleshooting(battery, terminals, etc.) for a while the megafuse is now in the hotseat.

It seems like the amp is the only thing that isn’t turning on now (already checked remote wire, connections, and other fuses). I unfortunately don’t have any of the equipment handy to proper test the fuse, so I figured I would just replace it instead to see if it changes anything. If everything works then that would be awesome…if not, then I’m just out about $10.00.

On a side note, I’ve been looking forward to a trip to LKQ to see what I can come across.

·
Registered
10,559 Posts
Mega

Well…to make a long story short, I replaced my battery terminals after doing a big 3 upgrade. I then realized that my alternator and amp weren’t turning on. Everything was running fine with the old terminals, but now there are problems. After having the alt tested(it was good!) and troubleshooting(battery, terminals, etc.) for a while the megafuse is now in the hotseat.

It seems like the amp is the only thing that isn’t turning on now (already checked remote wire, connections, and other fuses). I unfortunately don’t have any of the equipment handy to proper test the fuse, so I figured I would just replace it instead to see if it changes anything. If everything works then that would be awesome…if not, then I’m just out about $10.00.

On a side note, I’ve been looking forward to a trip to LKQ to see what I can come across.
Mega fuse would blow if the alt was direct short, or the wire to it, or if battery was hooked up backwards.
It protects from those things.

You could spend $10 on a cheap meter or borrow one and ohm the fuse.

-chart-

1 - 6 of 6 Posts