Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey whats up everyone? I have a 95 taurus w/ a broken turn signal level. What is the exact procedure for replacing the turn signal lever? Is it an easy DIY job or is it better of taking it to a shop. Also, if you guys do suggest me doing it myself, any tips would be appreciated. Thanks..

·
Registered
93 Posts
Courtesy of AllData, if you need anything else, just ask

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hey whats up everyone? I have a 95 taurus w/ a broken turn signal level. What is the exact procedure for replacing the turn signal lever? Is it an easy DIY job or is it better of taking it to a shop. Also, if you guys do suggest me doing it myself, any tips would be appreciated. Thanks..
Easy job, you need a long thin screw driver, two bolts at bottom steering colum and lift top part up and you"ll see two small bolts holding the lever in.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I found on my 93 Taurus, that removing the shroud screws first and dropping the lower shroud, you can see the ignition lock pin much easier than searching and hoping to find the lock pin in the dark. Also, pay close attension to where the mating shroud bosses seat into the cast column for alignment when you go to reattach the shrouds.

·
Premium Member
2,543 Posts
The turn signal switch can be removed without taking out the ignition lock cylindewr. Just be careful pulling the shroud pieces far enough apart to get to the screws and remove the switch

1 - 5 of 5 Posts