Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Want to remove the rear reflector Panel this panel houses the two red reflector each side of hatch and has the clear lens housing bulbs underneath the red reflectors each side lights for rear backing only. This panel is discontinued now P#
F8DZ13A565EA cant find one so far even at a junk yard near me . may buy the whole Lift gate somewhere just to get this panel . wondering if anyone has taken one off before ? any screws or just stuck on? Thanks
Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Grille Hood

·
Registered
11,503 Posts
The inner panel comes out, two heavy duty bolts accessed through the handle. Then some screws and it pulls out. In the picture, the long openings along all sides accept spring clips and they pry out.
The panel is held on with nuts accessed through openings in the metal. The lock tumbler disconnects but I forgot how but it was not an issue. I did a JY replace.
-chart-

Attachments

·
Registered
327 Posts
Is the panel you are looking for body colored? I posted about 11 days ago about a red 2002 Taurus wagon that had a good RH panel...but, it's not body colored; rather it's smoke colored plastic.

·
Registered
327 Posts
That's pretty much what I thought...but, am not well acquainted with wagon trim options.

To the OP...I'd be glad to pull and ship it to you if interested (if it's still there). No idea what they'll want for it at this time.

Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle registration plate Automotive lighting Vehicle

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is the panel you are looking for body colored? I posted about 11 days ago about a red 2002 Taurus wagon that had a good RH panel...but, it's not body colored; rather it's smoke colored plastic.
look at image given the part is called a rear reflector panel .Has two red reflectors one on each side of it with two clear lens below that houses the back up bulbs when in reverse . iTs attached to the lift hatch picture shows you what it is
Automotive parking light Grille Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Want to remove the rear reflector Panel this panel houses the two red reflector each side of hatch and has the clear lens housing bulbs underneath the red reflectors each side lights for rear backing only. This panel is discontinued now P#
F8DZ13A565EA cant find one so far even at a junk yard near me . may buy the whole Lift gate somewhere just to get this panel . wondering if anyone has taken one off before ? any screws or just stuck on? Thanks View attachment 220146 View attachment 220146
look at image given the part is called a rear reflector panel .Has two red reflectors one on each side of it with two clear lens below that houses the back up bulbs when in reverse . iTs attached to the lift hatch picture shows you what it is View attachment 220153 View attachment 220154
F8DZ13A565EA cant find one so far even at a junk yard near me . may buy the whole Lift gate somewhere just to get this panel . wondering if anyone has taken one off before ? any screws or just stuck on? Thanks View attachment 220146 View attachment 220146
replaced the panel now finally got one off web about three weeks ago. removing it on inside must remove the plastic handle then pop back side off there you can see the lock speakers ect. there are around 10 8 m nuts to remove some on each side and couple in the middle . then the panel will come off must take bulbs and socket out they back in the new reflector for back up lights . anyway wasnt to bad to do. Be careful the wires can be a little fragile where the hatch lifts up and down. Two of mine broke while doing this and reverse or back up lights didnt work. cost me 75 bucks to have a guy run the break down i couldnt find it . anyway finding a rear reflection panel in good shape is Hard .

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Im the one with this image , Update ! Found one ford rear reflection panel F8DZ13A565EA for 2003 taurus station wagon- fits many S wagons probably from 2000 thru 2005 . Anyway junk yard sent me one for 100 bucks . The old one had to remove trim on back side of lift gate . Must remove the plastic handle on back side and pop off . then can see the little nuts holding the rear reflection panel on. around 10 or so nuts believe they were 8 mm might been 10 some on each end near the where the rear backing bulbs are pushed in . must remove them also just a twist to do. some nuts in the center also . like i say around 10 nuts to unscrew . then off come the rear reflection panel . forgot must remove the speakers there to get to the nuts under that. a good idea also is while that back plastic trim is off if you own a glue gun where you melt a glue stick in and fix any cracks in panel or broken off holding pieces with that melted glue works great an that side isnt seen by anyone once installed back . maybe while this panel is being changed put in two brand new rear backing reverse bulbs . anyway worked fine once i found a replacement rear reflection panel. If ones on a s wagon in a junk yard go there an take it off bring some tools . i couldnt find one available near me. Got lucky one was for sale . best of luck.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
same for all colors makes it easy to replace if you can find the rear reflection panel thats not easy not many available. hardly none for sell. Dont want to buy a whole life gate to get that one part . shipping on the whole lift gate is maybe 300 bucks .

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Okay, then...looks like the one on the red Taurus isn't going to work (notice the seam between halves above the middle of the license plate recess?). Or, is that a vertical crack?
the one i got had a slight crack there also i just sealed it and used the panel i got . hard to get one in perfect shape .

·
Registered
11,503 Posts
the one i got had a slight crack there also i just sealed it and used the panel i got . hard to get one in perfect shape .
I had a water leak later. I removed the inner panel and found this is where the water was getting in. I makked it off, used black gasket silicone, pealed the tape and no more leaks.
-chart-

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts