Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot find the nuts holding the front bumper on - I need to replace the readiator.
I have found only 2 - both by the wheel well. Are there any under the lights, i./e., do I have to remove the lights.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
what year vehicle do you have?

edit: nvm, i looked at yoru profile, you have a '98 correct?

yes, you have to remove the headlights, and the three bolts across the top of the bumper (between the headlights). then under the headlights, youll see somethign that looks like a tab with a bolt in it, remove that bolt and the bolt underneath that goes into the body (same for both sides). finally, get on the ground and disconnect the bumper cover from the splash guard (plastic underneath front) by unscrewing any bolts (theyre small) that are there. hope that helps, if you have any more questions, ask... although you prolly should have used the 'search' function to begin with anyway :p

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I removed three bolts on a headlight but the light didn't budge. What is the secret to removing the headlamp?

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Theres another bolt that you need to unscrew to get the headlight out. It's a long "screw" looking thing that is silver in my car. You just loosen and then the headlight should come out.

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
There was a post here someone did on adding a tranny cooler. It has the best how to on removing the bumper I have seen.

Maybe someone remembers it.

Mike
B)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts