Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I figured I'd post a quick tutorial for people who wanted to get their rear doors to work normally.
This was done on my 2013 police interceptor, other years shouldn't vary too far off though.

EASY WAY (no panel removal): This applies if you got lucky and the cable was installed previously.

1. Locate rear child lock plug

Grey Automotive design Rim Vehicle Carbon

2. Use a screwdriver/pry tool to remove the plug (mine was old so it took some force, so I left it out) you should see this once you successfully removed it.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Hood Automotive tire

3. Insert your key and turn clockwise
Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive design Fender
Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design

HARD WAY (Panel removal): Now if you did the steps above and it still wont work, most likely the cable wasn't installed from the factory, now this happened to my rear driver-side door.
Here's a great video on the panel removal
remove the trim piece and remove the following screws (in my case i had 2 Phillips screws, 2 10mm screws, one 8mm screw, and one 7mm screw on the bottom)

PLEASE NOTE, WINDOW SWITCH WILL COME OUT ONLY ONE WAY WITH MINIMAL EFFORT, FORCING IT WILL BREAK YOUR SWITCH, dont be dum plz

as you can see, ONLY pry from the rear, and slide in the switch when reinstalling

Heres my finger showing you where the screws are for the panels.

Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper

Discard the foam piece and insert the wire into the handle:

And reinstall the panel.

There you go! if you ever wanna play cop again, simply turn the child lock counterclockwise to deactivate the doors

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts