Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know pretty much know how to order stuff online, I have ordered all sorts of stuff, aside from car parts for my Taurus...

I really want to order parts for my Gen III Taurus, and I just can't seem to find a good/reliable website or company to do just that, it troubles me not that they can only ship to the U.S or Canada....since I have an Aramex box in the U.S, and I can order anything from inside the U.S, it gets delivered to that box and then shipped here to me in Kuwait.

The other real problem would be to find a site that accepts international credit cards, I need to know of a trustworthy website that has no problems with international transactions...I'll be most grateful if you guys can help out, Thanks.

B

·
0 Posts
Try Ford Parts Network . Torrie is the owner's name, he's very helpful, and has great pricing. Not sure on the international credit car issue, but shoot him an email to find out.

Kuwait--are you staioned there for the military?

J

·
0 Posts
What specifically are you looking for? Somebody on here might know of a place to find certain items that will be able to meet your needs.

Not sure if it's an option or not, but it might be easier just to get friends or family to order the stuff for you and you could wire them money... just a thought.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the suggestions you guys...

I can't say it's the first time someone asked me the "are you stationed over there?" question...but to clear stuff up since there is no official Introductory thread..

I am a Kuwaiti, living in Kuwait, not an american soldier stationed here...

So the friends and family suggestion wouldn't really work for me...

I found Fordpartsnetwork.com Thanks to Bob Grevais...I asked them and they replied almost instantly.

So now all I need is a website that sells Taurus performance parts, body parts, spoilers, bumper covers etc.....I can get stuff like flowmaster mufflers and K&N filters easy here.

B

·
0 Posts
As far as body parts, Torrie has them. Actually he can get anything Ford, body or mechanical. They are Ford original parts though, so the body stuff is more than an aftermarket body supplier would charge.

Performance, eh? You've come to the right place.
I currently am working on my website, so it's not up, however I make front strut tower braces for all years of the Taurus, subframe connectors for all years, and there are tons of resources for springs, struts, swaybars, and bushings.

Here's some more aftermarket I can think of:

Shox.com For springs and struts.

Rock Auto For Moog TPR bushings (harder than stock, make the car handle nicely).

Swaybars are a little more difficult internationally. The popular upgrade is to install a 24mm front/26mm rear combination out of a 89-91 SHO. I'm not sure if there's any of these in your country, but if you could find one in a salvage yard you could use those.

Doc, our Vice President, also offers powdercoating, porting and polishing of the intakes, and many other services. You can contact him at [email protected], or by PM'ing him here.

It's nice to see international members with a passion for improving these cars! I'll help any way I can, even if it's shipping over to you. Let us know if there's anything we can help with, we're a pretty resourceful bunch!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Once again Mr Gervais, you have proven to be very helpful

As far as old SHOs go...we have none in my country, for some reason our Ford/Mercury/lincoln dealer (Arabic Motor Group) never brought the SHO models to this country...

I believe it's the same for all Gulf countries and the middle east, even though I thought I saw one pass by in an intersection today, but I didn't take a good look.

Swaybars are a little more difficult internationally. The popular upgrade is to install a 24mm front/26mm rear combination out of a 89-91 SHO[/b]
It's like you were reading my mind, since I have a broken sway-bar problem I think and I was thinking of getting my hands on SHO sway bars, I read the upgrade article.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
hey GTM, keval haal? thats arabic folks other TCCA souls...

glad that u r promoting TCCA in the middle east..

i was in saudi longg time back.. 88-93.... there folks pretty much prefer... long big guzzlers...

Caprice classic (now extinct
), pontiac prarise..(something)... etc where common back then... besides toyota land cruiser... and chevy suburban...

i left in 93.. did taurus get popular in the middle east.. ? I bet gen 3's were popular

ok sadeek... nice to meet you

1 - 7 of 7 Posts