Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1999 Ford Taurus SE with electronic climate control and after researching i have found there is no easy way to install an aftermarket head unit. From what I have seen the easiest way to install one is under the dash so I was wondering if someone could give me some wiring tips on how to accomplish this.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
For the wiring you would use the harness that comes with the aftermarket kits (you just don't use the faceplate). If you are running your own wire, you would still need to use the wires in the trunk. There's a radio wiring harness diagram in the Topic Finder.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (Qwertz9586 @ Jun 22 2009, 12:28 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=734147
For the wiring you would use the harness that comes with the aftermarket kits (you just don't use the faceplate). If you are running your own wire, you would still need to use the wires in the trunk. There's a radio wiring harness diagram in the Topic Finder.[/b]
Ok I have the harness because i had a aftermarket head unit installed in my 97 Taurus so I would just take that harness and run it in my 1999 Taurus and that would automatically bypass my stock radio or do I need to unhook anything other than the wires in the truck of the car.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
When you disconnect the harness from the stock radio then it is disconnected. One harness is for the speakers and the other is power/ground/ignition. The aftermarket harness will plug into the stock harness.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts