Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Car is a 1998 se taurus. I don't have the factory alarm on it. Is this difficult to intall? The siren is the factory horn, right?

Not sure i have a bulb in the instrument cluster for the THEFT blinking message.

What do i need exactly to complete the project?

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
first off, welcome to the club!

It is much easier, cheaper, simpler to get an aftermarket alarm, plus they can do more.

Brad

·
Registered
322 Posts
I would recommend the alarm by Ungo alarm systems. I the MS2007 pager alarm and it is completely awesome. That model has been replaced by what is basically the same alarm manifactured by DEI and still carries the Ungo name (Ungo is a subcompany of Clarion). You won't be disappointed. Remote start is a bonus too unless you have a manual tranny. However there are many aftermarket alarms made by Clarion and DEI that don't have remote start obviously but I know of none that are pager without remote start. Plus personally I think I would disregard a horn honking before I would disregard a siren going off. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
I'm with Brad, I'd go aftermarket. I have the factory alarm, but I will upgrading to an aftermarket one before too long - I want a little better protection and remote start for the winter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts