Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being in the Automotive Lighting Industry, you realize you dont have to spend big bucks to get a really large increase in headlamp output. While everyone is drooling over the latest 6 sided LEDs that your favorite Ebay/Amazon Seller is toting as the best and brightest bulbs out there, I can personally tell you they are full of it. You can spend a FRACTION of the cost and get almost double the usable light.

5th Gen Taurus
Normal Bulb - H11
Upgraded Bulb - H9 Standard Phillip's
Cost - $13/Pair on Amazon
Time to do mod - 5 minutes

Output Comparison at 30ft at locked 50 ISO
ZXE H11 -Top
Osram CBB 80W H11 - Middle
Phillip's H9 - Bottom

6th Gen Taurus
If you have a 9005 Bulb
Upgrade - 9011 HIR1 Standard Phillip's
Cost - 38$
Time to do mod - 5 minutes

If you have the 9012 bulb your best option is the 9012 HIR2 Vosla +30 - GM Bulb Part# 23342527 .
Cost - 38$
No mod needed.

Hopefully these charts benefit you and give you the ability to save a few $'s while upgrading your night time visibility safely

·
Registered
183 Posts
Been doing the H-11/H-9 and 9006/9005 mods for years. They're really easy to do and make a pretty big difference. I also love getting behind my 2008's good ole halogen reflectors that light up the whole world compared to my vehicles with projectors.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does the Volsa+30 put out better light than the Silverstar Ultra?
Silverstar Bulbs are sub par at best and barely offer any IF any performance gains over stock. Sylvania overhyped their bulb specs and got sued via class action for misleading/false advertising ....TWICE....bulbs included in the lawsuits were Silverstar, Ultra and ZXE branded bulbs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts