Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '99 Taurus SE (fully loaded) that I'm looking to get rid of, since a new car is on it's way. The new car was bought privately, so a trade-in was not an option. Basically, the car is perfect except that the power steering no longer works. However, the cost to fix it outweighs my desire to keep the car any longer. It was bought as a demo from a dealer 10 years ago, and is loaded with every imaginable option incl. 6disc cd / sunroof / leather.

Is it unreasonable to ask for $1000 for this car in an as-is condition? The junkyard guys will only give $30-$50 for it, but I don't have the heart to let it go for that cheap. There is only ~160K km on the car.

Any other suggestions in the GTA area?

·
Premium Member
4,809 Posts
throw it up on eBay or Craigslist?

·
Registered
290 Posts
How far east are you?!

Oops. GTA (Greater Toronto Area)...Nevermind.

Another thing, is it a problem with the pump? The steering rack? Any specifics on that steering issue?

·
Registered
13 Posts
What kind of shape is the body in?

·
Registered
2 Posts
:angryfire: :notworthy: QUOTE (spdztr @ Jun 25 2009, 12:39 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=735115
I have a '99 Taurus SE (fully loaded) that I'm looking to get rid of, since a new car is on it's way. The new car was bought privately, so a trade-in was not an option. Basically, the car is perfect except that the power steering no longer works. However, the cost to fix it outweighs my desire to keep the car any longer. It was bought as a demo from a dealer 10 years ago, and is loaded with every imaginable option incl. 6disc cd / sunroof / leather.

Is it unreasonable to ask for $1000 for this car in an as-is condition? The junkyard guys will only give $30-$50 for it, but I don't have the heart to let it go for that cheap. There is only ~160K km on the car.

Any other suggestions in the GTA area?[/b]
What I am in pickering ontario would love to see that car ,35 mins away from you can we link up on this? Just purchase a wagon as i love the wagon for acustic reason its my second wagon roject but would love to see this car as you mention some feature i would love .

·
Registered
230 Posts
If you were more eastern I would definitely be interested, but going up to Ontario for a ~$1000 car just wouldn't make sense.

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
wife just totaled my car i would defenatly take it out of your hand lol

but no $$$ that so fun

1 - 8 of 8 Posts