Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok How do I flush the cooling system (specifically for Ford 99 Taurus Wagon Vulcan)?

now in my own observation, my 99 Taurus vulcan has a completely closed Radiator, and the only way to access it is through the reservoir, so how do I drain the coolant???

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Theres a drain **** on the bottom of the radiator, or just pull the hose and let the coolant drain. Refill with water and some flush chemicals, run those for a bit, then drain and refill.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't bother with the drain ****. Use the hose that comes from the degasser tank and tees into the lower radiator hose. It is accessible without removing the plastic shield and is the lowest point in the cooling system.
[/b]
Hey I really appreciate this for taking the time to even take a picture to help me. Is it the bottom of your car? And should my 99 taurus be the same as ur 97?

·
Premium Member
14,124 Posts
That's the bottom of the car looking from the passenger side. The hose that tees into the lower radiator hose is the same for all G3 and G4 Taurus/Sable motors. The actual lower radiator hose is different for the different motors though. But this tee would be in the same spot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
shoz123
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing