Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cruise control cable has come undone from my throttle cable and I know that it can be zip-tied back on. Does anyone have any pictures of what it should look like when its zip-tied on? I'm just having trouble visualizing the solution. Its a 2004 Ford Taurus SES 3.0 Duratec.

·
Has It Been That Long?
12,011 Posts

The clip works best with a secured cable, but here it is.

·
Registered
9,681 Posts
My cruise control cable has come undone from my throttle cable and I know that it can be zip-tied back on. Does anyone have any pictures of what it should look like when its zip-tied on? I'm just having trouble visualizing the solution. Its a 2004 Ford Taurus SES 3.0 Duratec.
This will buy time but there is a recall.
I got mine free at the JY while buying something else.
-chart-

·
Has It Been That Long?
12,011 Posts
This will buy time but there is a recall.
I got mine free at the JY while buying something else.
-chart-
Recall doesn't apply to the 2004, even though they use the same cable. 2000-2003 only.

·
Super Moderator
7,836 Posts
I zip tied and RTV'd the cable in place on the 04 and 05.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I am not sure the 00-02s are either. I have an 01,03 Vulcan, 03 DOHC, and an 06 Vulcan. All have the same cables, and all are broken. Only the O3 DOHC was covered by a recall. I ended up using strings to tie the cable into the exact location on my 06 and then mixing up a whole tube (in two applications) to strengthen it. Piece of masking tape to cover the hole that you can see the cable through, and then building a large clump of Plastic Epoxy. After it dried, I painted it black. Would be much easier if FORD would just hand out the damned clamps they stamped out by the thousands....and not be pissing off all of it'x customer. Now, I read that I CAN buy them at FORD. If and when this setup fails/breaks, I will opt for the new cable....or, maybe just taking the cruise control off. All in all, Ford's engineers ought to be fired.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts