Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to figure out how to completely disable the alarm without pulling the fuse since it is connected to the airbags. any ideas??

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i already replaced that and it isnt the problem.

·
Registered
587 Posts
most alarms come with inboard shock sensors try finding the model like ford uses a lot of code alarm stuff and find the model and such and find out how to adjust the shock sensor. if the shock sensor is set to light it will trigger all the time or some times for no reason at all. can also be triggered when the wind blow hard enough. just a tip.

·
Registered
16 Posts
most alarms come with inboard shock sensors try finding the model like ford uses a lot of code alarm stuff and find the model and such and find out how to adjust the shock sensor. if the shock sensor is set to light it will trigger all the time or some times for no reason at all. can also be triggered when the wind blow hard enough. just a tip.

Sadisitic, The ford Alarm does not have any shock sensors in it. Just the doors trunk and hood.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Bull **** nothing.. Taurus does not have it. On the Gen 4 you can easily enable the alarm even if you have a baser car. I've studied the diagrams there is no shock sensor in the Gen 4 Taurus or Sable.

·
Registered
10 Posts
But an Expedition is not a Taurus.

The Taurus does not have a shock sensor.
Mine often thinks it does. I've set the alarm off on mine just by bumping the front bumper. It's chirped when a heavy truck has rumbled by, but not when I've bounced the car from the front passenger fender, but set it off immediatly after by thumping the passenger rear window. It's also gone off in the drive for no noticalbe reason. Since Thanksgiving, I've even set it off 3 times just trying to start the car. I did get it to stop for a while by spraying the door locks with silcone lube, but only for a few months.

I really want to get rid of the alarm if I can. Tracking down the reason for the random activations would be nice too.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
If it's doing all that, then you do not have a factory Ford alarm. You could have a dealer installed Ford alarm. Post up a picture of the clicker you use.

And who the heck keeps changing the links to %20? Someone tries to help someone out and you change the link 3 times? Who cares if it's on another Taurus website. Goal is to fix people's cars, not change website links because another place has the answer.

·
Devoted Member
2,426 Posts
If it's doing all that, then you do not have a factory Ford alarm. You could have a dealer installed Ford alarm. Post up a picture of the clicker you use.

And who the heck keeps changing the links to %20? Someone tries to help someone out and you change the link 3 times? Who cares if it's on another Taurus website. Goal is to fix people's cars, not change website links because another place has the answer.
Nick, what the heck is %20? Seems like the goal is to DRIVE more members to TSOC.

·
Registered
10 Posts

I have a feeling that may be what I have, since I think I've read where the '03 SES models didn't come with an alarm as standard equipment. Here's what my remotes look like. I also have a red led that flashes located on the dash just below the guages and not on top of the dash like every other vehicle I've seen.
BTW, I set the alarm off again this morning when I was starting it to warm up for my wife. I don't know why it would be doing it, it hasn't gone off on my wife, or on the the 4 times I started it Sunday.

One other thing that leads me to think it's a dealer installed alarm is the underhood switch everyone mentions. I've looked and haven't been able to find one anywhere under the hood, so I don't think I've got one.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Nick, what the heck is %20? Seems like the goal is to DRIVE more members to TSOC.
%20 in URL coding is the equivalent of hitting spacebar. Bizaro...but I see in another thread that TSOC was added to some banned word list.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
I have a feeling that may be what I have, since I think I've read where the '03 SES models didn't come with an alarm as standard equipment. Here's what my remotes look like. I also have a red led that flashes located on the dash just below the guages and not on top of the dash like every other vehicle I've seen.
BTW, I set the alarm off again this morning when I was starting it to warm up for my wife. I don't know why it would be doing it, it hasn't gone off on my wife, or on the the 4 times I started it Sunday.

One other thing that leads me to think it's a dealer installed alarm is the underhood switch everyone mentions. I've looked and haven't been able to find one anywhere under the hood, so I don't think I've got one.
Ok you have a stock remote. You definitely have some kind of non-factory alarm on your SES. How interested are you in hunting the wiring box for this alarm? can you find any buttons under the dashboard?

Otherwise...time to find a local Car Audio/Video shop and talk to them about disabling it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ok you have a stock remote. You definitely have some kind of non-factory alarm on your SES. How interested are you in hunting the wiring box for this alarm? can you find any buttons under the dashboard?

Otherwise...time to find a local Car Audio/Video shop and talk to them about disabling it.
Very interested! The alarm went off on my wife last night as she was leaving work and again this morning for me again. I believe it was a dealer install as there is a GEM looking module ty-rapped under the steering column that is Ford labelled and looks like some of the photos I've seen on here. I'm going to take a look tonight to see if I can figure out if it's got the disconnected ground wire that I've read about on here to provide the alarm. If I can't find that, I'm disconnecting the horn until I can spend more time this weekend on it. It's getting really annoying. :angry: Between this and the cabin air filter leak, I'm getting real disappointed in this car.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Yea I can imagine that gets irritating! Put up some photos of what you are seeing, maybe we can find some wiring diagrams based off of Part numbers you see.

Cabin Air Filter leak: check under common problems/solutions "I have the curse". Also add some rubber hose onto the end of the drain to promote the liquid to drain to the ground and not up under the foam insulation. A bead of silicone between the windshield and the rubber strip on the cowl can help too...

·
Banned
3,228 Posts
From what you described seeing, it's either the add-on alarm/RKE kit or the add-on alarm/remote control starter that would have come from a Ford dealership. If the add-on alarm is somehow 'enabled' right now, but you don't have the right fob to unlock it remotely, it could be causing these issues with the alarm going off at random.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts