Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The PCV line is made of hard plastic. It cracked at the PCV fitting. I cut out the broken end and put a rubber hose in its place. The PCV fitting has a barbed end. Rubber hose is tight. Problem is at the other end.

The hard plastic OD is about the same size as rubber hose ID. I wrapped Teflon tape on the plastic to make the joint a little tighter. Not enough. I am thinking of jamming an O-ring into the gap. Any other solution?

I don't know how vacuum-tight the PCV line needs to be. The original line has O-rings. It's pretty tight vacuum.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I had a buddy of mine who claimed JB weld did was Jesus in glue form, dude used it on everything. I'm pretty sure at some point he mentioned gluing plastic to rubber, price is pretty chep i think under $10 and you should be able to find it at home depot.

This stuff right here

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
how about just a simple hose clamp then its removable if you ever need to replace one piece or the other

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
I agree about the hose clamp. And sure would not use any type of glue or epoxy that would turn into something very hard and may get sucked up into the engine.

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
Gorilla Glue FTW

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies. OD=0.6" dia, and ID=0.625". Just to make sure it's vacuum tight, I put an O-ring and put 2 clamps one on each side of the O-ring.

I had P0175 Bank 2 Too Rich. Could it be caused by cracked PCV line? By the way, PCV valve is on the firewall side valve cover. (Is this Bank 2?) Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts