Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If a thread similar to this one has been discussed previously, I apologize. When I bought my 2010 Taurus in July of this year, it was kept in very immaculate condition. But, I do not know if and when my black leather seats have ever been clean and protected. They appear to be very clean and are in good shape. But, I do not want to go too much longer without protecting them. I've been reading up on leather seat care, and there are so many different types of procedures and products to clean and protect them. I'm quite confused. There are two step processes; i.e., clean first then, do the protectant. Other processes have clean and protect in one application. Therefore, can some please set me straight on a few of the good cleaners and protectants to use? Also, a quick rundown on the procedure to clean and protect. One last thing, are the 2 in 1 cleaners and protectants good to use for a fast job?

Thank you all in advance....I appreciate your inputs!!!

Kirt

·
Registered
835 Posts
I have two different cleaners. Lexol Cleaner and Conditioner... This is a two bottle....I believe Orange is the cleaner and Brown is the Conditioner or something like that.

I also have Meguiar's Leather Conditioner/cleaner all in one....it is a GEL form. Both methods are the same.........apply with a applicator bad like a wax pad then dry excess off with a second pad or microfiber cloth. Both products seem to get favorable reviews and are fairly easy to use. Both products also leave a clean looking and supple somewhat shiny look. Seems to be a good way for general cleaning and keeping the leather looking good. I also did a quick swipe on the outside part of the center armrest console door.

·
Premium Member
7,302 Posts
Second for Lexol!!

·
Registered
726 Posts
you can use an interior automotive all purpose cleaner APC (mixed correctly with water) and use a nail brush ( the kind for your fingernails) and to attack all the grime. Dry it with a towel and then take a combo leather cleaner and conditioner and apply with a foam wax applicator. Good as new! Also, if it's cold out then first warm seats up with hairdryer before applying leather cleaner and conditioner to get the stuff deep into the leather's pores.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I also use the Lexol Cleaner/Conditioner. If I haven't done it in awhile, using the cleaner first makes a huge difference, it does a great job of taking off the dirt/grim build up and brings back the original color. With the conditioner, the leather still feels/looks great after 10 years.

·
Premium Member
2,158 Posts
Got a question here, does these conditioners actually soak in threw the color coating that are on our leather seats.. i know on my brothers f-350 king ranch he has real leather with out the color coated some-what material on his seats..his seats seem to be real leather.. as they wear they get darker just like a base ball glove :unsure:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts