Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

How To Add Rmi-25 To Coolant

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  900Trophy 
#1 ·
How do I add RMI-25 to the coolant? Presumably through the degas bottle, but it is there "flow" through the bottle or not? It's only 8oz but I want all of it in circulating, not 7.5 oz in the degas bottle. :-(

FYI I'm doing this in prep for a drain and refill, and a heater core flush, and possibly a new water pump (depending on some tests that I have yet to run...)

#2 ·
Do you have a small diameter coolant line running from the top of the engine to the top of the de-gas bottle? That may have happened first in 98, don't know for sure.

But if you have that line, coolant flows through that when the engine is running. Since the bottle doesn't fill up and burst, an equal amount must be flowing out, meaning there's more or less continuous flow.

If you don't have that top tube, I wouldn't know the best way to inject the RMI... probably by removing as much coolant as possible from the de-gas bottle, pouring in RMI-25, get the engine fully warm so coolant surges into the bottle, then let the engine cool, drawing in the RMI. Then you add back the coolant you removed earlier.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.