Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Manual says to take the bracket off with the pump as one unit and move it away to get the heads off.

There were two nuts I could find that attached to two long rods that screwed into the head. I pulled those but it's still stuck on there? Anyone got a diagram of all the bolts needed to be taken out to get that bracket off?

·
Premium Member
2,543 Posts
There are three or four bolts that hold the pump on the engine. The pulley must be removed in order to acess the bolts. A special tool is needed to remove the pulley.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
There are three or four bolts that hold the pump on the engine. The pulley must be removed in order to acess the bolts. A special tool is needed to remove the pulley.
Why is it so hard for manuals to mention this?

"Unbolt the power steering pump and pump bracket from the engine. Remove the long studs that secure the bracket (a). Separate the pump and its bracket from the engine as an assembly and move it out of the way. Secure the pump upright so that it will not leak fluid."

(a) - I did this, but you're suggesting there are actually one or two more bolts being hidden by the pully? But the part of the bracket that has the pully isn't even connected to the block.

my photo shows what I mean. The two white arrows are the bolts and studs I already removed. The red line is where the bracket is not connected to anything.

Help?

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2007, and am having similar problems getting my pump and associated giant block of aluminum that is attached to it out. My problem is that one of the long bolts seems to be a stud coming out of the head. In the picture you attached, the spot where the right arrow is pointing, there was no bolt. I just removed a nut. Now the whole unit is resting on that stud that is coming out of the head, and there isn't enough room to slide it off? What the heck???????? I need to get her back up today :-/ any replied would absolutely save my life!

·
Registered
138 Posts
The studs must be unscrewed from the head/block to get the bracket out. They should unscrew pretty easily since its relatively new but I would hit them with some PB blaster or something of the sort.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts