Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

How The Heck Did They Do This?

3K views 19 replies 17 participants last post by  thsncc1701 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Starsky! I want my old car back! :lol2:

#4 ·
Must have tried to drive it up ramps in the garage in the back and hit the gas too hard :eek:

#5 ·
Friggin' old people. Either she was using two feet or she's just too old to be driving. Reminds me of that guy about 6 months back took his truck WOT threw a farmers market (I think) and mowed down 11 or 12 people. Yeah, 60 years old, you take another drivers test. And take it again every year or 2. Yes yes, we've all heard that teens have more accidents than old people, but old people do far more stupid things, like 50 on the freeway and getting their pedals mixed up after 40 some odd years of driving. :blink:

-mobiuslogic

#6 ·
Originally posted by mobiuslogic@Jul 5 2004, 02:22 PM
Friggin' old people. Either she was using two feet or she's just too old to be driving. Reminds me of that guy about 6 months back took his truck WOT threw a farmers market (I think) and mowed down 11 or 12 people. Yeah, 60 years old, you take another drivers test. And take it again every year or 2. Yes yes, we've all heard that teens have more accidents than old people, but old people do far more stupid things, like 50 on the freeway and getting their pedals mixed up after 40 some odd years of driving. :blink:

-mobiuslogic
I dunno, anyone who can back a car in that neatly is ok to drive in my book ;)

#8 ·
That right there is some mAd VuLcAn PoWaH!

Try that with a Honda... you'd total your car and never get over the parking block. :lol:

#10 ·
:rofl: Gees...some people. So im guessing that car got some air...i wanna see where it started....that would have made a great video.

#13 ·
The thing that made me laugh was that the visiting sister 9of the home owner) said that people over 70 to 65 shouldn't be driving. I'm sure she'll feel the same way once she gets that age. <_<

Don't get me wrong, i think that past 60-65 you should have to have a drivers test more frequently or yearly but i wouldn't put a blanket age and say anyone after that can't drive. just my .02 ;)

#15 ·
i saw that on The TODAY show tuesday and the lady meant to hit the brake to shift out of reverse but instead hit the gas after the fireworks were over on the fourth. when she hit the gas she went and flew as she hit the restaining wall to keep that from happening to that house. looks like the y need to build a bigger wall. also she swore she wasnt drunk but i beg to differ. :lol2:

#17 ·
I definitely get annoyed by some of the older drivers and many should not be able to drive. Luckily many feel that way too and opt not to drive anymore. But you certainly cant make a blanket statement banning people after a certain age the ability to drive. My grandfather used to be a bike cop, drive a long haul big rig, mail truck and so on. He is still a good driver and even got a speeding ticket a few years ago.
If you are a senior citizen and are in control and speeding you should be commended and not given a ticket.

#18 ·
Up Up and Away!! Well....I never knew the taurus had wings!! But I guess it IS true...More power to the taurus owner for pulling that off! I think its kinda cool! Can I try that with someones car?!

how could that just be human error? like stated in that newspaper? I also think older people (ages hmm...65+) should NOT be able to renew their license or drive. When I was at the Secetary of State to get my license, this old lady was renewing hers..she had a cane to walk with, could barely see or hear. And they let her renew it just like that! I have a neighbor across the street who is between 84-87 years old..not sure his right age..but he wants my dad to fix his car so he can drive. The man is basically deaf, needs a walker, and shakes like crazy. How does he expect to drive? I think its crazy and there should be a law on driving. If there is a certain age to get your license, there should be a certain age to stop driving.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.