Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has been 10 days since anyone posted anything in the WCTCCA forums. I was waiting to see how long this would last, but I couldn't take it any more.

·
Registered
86 Posts
sorry we have all been busy :(
Right now I'm working on replacing my alternator. It died over the 4th of July weekend. :(
I am getting a 200 AMP custom built one from americanamerture.
Should be comming in tuesday. FYI be carefull when you are taking the bolts off the alternator. I snapped the stud for the alternator which ford no longer carries. It was a real pain in the ass to get out. I should takes some pic's once I get my stuff and I am replacing all the bolts on the alternator and power steering pump.
I went to a local bolt shop to match them up. I have my doubts about the quality that ford put into the taurus, I figure its time to replace them with something better. I'll try to keep you guys posted.
later
Levi

·
Premium Member
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good luck Levi.

G

·
I too have been busy. we had a generator problem (no electricity), then the internet bunker had their generator go down. That and I have been busy wrapping up the last couple of course assignments for school.

·
Premium Member
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Uh....Doc, you are totally excused:

1) You are in Freakin' Iraq in a "internet bunker"
2) uh...just see above that covers it.

The others, well unless all their fingers are broken....(if they are not, then they soon will be, unless we se some posting in WCTCCA)

·
Premium Member
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LOL...Alex you can talk about anything you like

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Oh, well, Ok. Well, I've got some good news then. I qualify for the Millenium Scholarship and I won another Scholarship for college.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
gee threating people really helps matters bottom line i see zero interest. i have been very busy with car clubs that do things i have tried numerous times to get events setup in so cal and no one responds so to me that shows the level of involvment.

·
Premium Member
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by 02sable@Jul 22 2004, 10:05 AM
gee threating people really helps matters bottom line i see zero interest. i have been very busy with car clubs that do things i have tried numerous times to get events setup in so cal and no one responds so to me that shows the level of involvment.
Unfortuneately David, the same problem exists up here too. Very frustrating to say the least. Oh well, can't make 'em show up.

G

·
Sorry, I've been in and out for a while. New car mods and girls...lol But at the same time Im working full-time, and finding that NIGHT time isn't the best time to start working on the car! Well, Im still here and will check up from time to time. This Car Show thing that Troper8 was wanting to plan (see newest thread). I think is a good idea. I'll be there, I signed up for it already. So... hope to see most of you out there. I hope the outcome of this is not nearly as bad as the precious meet.

SableSal

·
Registered
86 Posts
still working on the bull. Was replacing the power steering pump also and getting a new pulley on it. The guys at NAPA sold me a wrong pulley, so I had to go to the stealership and pay 35 bucks for the pulley while the napa one for the vulcan was 9. Also the guys over at americanarmature recommended I put another wire leaving from the alternator to the fuse bus panel to compensate for more amperage. The one that they sent was way too short. Im going to be heading out to a salvage ward to find this. There is one not too far that has lots of tarui. All different years and models. Let me know if anyone wants me to keep a look out for anything for them. they did have a few 96-99 sho's. Mostly stripped but there was some there. Last time I was there I picked up a couple PCM's from them.
I'll keep you guys updated.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Originally posted by theman21@Jul 25 2004, 12:51 PM
Let me know if anyone wants me to keep a look out for anything for them. they did have a few 96-99 sho's. Mostly stripped but there was some there.
If their any speedos left in them, you shuld grab as many as you can find. Their is always someone new one here that will be looking for a 150mph speedo.

And maybe bring a hacksaw with you and grab all the exhaust tips you can also.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
jeff i understand your frustration on getting things done!

Levi where is this yard at?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts