Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Once again, I enter the temple of the the raging bull to humble myself in prostration before the hallowed priests of the Great Horned One :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: .

I sprung a leak in one of my tranmission cooling hoses (rusted through where they have that stupid clip holding the metal lines together). Someone told my I could use braided 3/8" gas line to splice the cooling line. I tried it and it seems to work ok:

Does anyone have a reason why I shouldn't do this?

I lost some trans fluid during the event and the level is presently at the lower level of the hash marks. How much fluid does it take to fill from the lower level of the hash marks to the upper level of the hash marks? :unsure:

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Make sure you check it when the engine and trans. are hot, and you're parked on a level surface. If the tranny is cold when you check it, and you add fluid then to the top of the hash marks, it'll be overfull when it's hot. Also, you don't have to use braided steel line to fix cooler line leaks. You can simply use 3/8 oil resistant rubber hose and a couple of clamps. The pressure in the cooler lines isn't very high, they just have a lot of flow. We at the dealership replace rotted out sections with rubber hose all the time. Less costly repair for the customer, and quicker job for us. I just did one earlier this week in fact.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts