Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 97 torador red taurus sho. Its got 44k miles on it. Its in perfect condition on the interrior, and the exterrior is perfect except one spot. the front right bumper is a little scratched and has a small dent from sliding into a sign. other than that, i would give the exterrior a 10/10 as well as the interrior. it has a custom installed softtop/ragtop that matches the car. i am wondering how much you guys think i can get for it. i will put pics up soon. i am thinking of asking $6400 obo. does that sound about right?

·
Registered
290 Posts
It ultimately depends on how much a person is willing to offer for such a car. That will determine what its worth is. Or you blue book it and find out the value. Plus, where are you located?

·
Registered
7,373 Posts
You had me interested until "ragtop"

Anyway, value wise is how much someone is willing to spend on the car. One thing that will hurt is I'm assuming you don't have the cams welded...which need to be done.

KBB has suggested retail of 6185, 4760 for private party, and 3325 for trade in for an excellent condition car

HOWEVER, you have to consider that while it may be in good condition at 44k miles, it is still a 12 year old car. Plus, with the small body work that needs to be done with it, if someone is willing to pay for it, I'd say the car would be worth with the current market right now about $5500. But because of the cams welded and some body work, I'd probably take off about $500 for a new painted bumper and to fix the dent plus another $500 or so for transportation and welding of the cams, so I'd shoot for somewhere in the $4500 personally....but it's your car: ask what it is worth to you and see if anyone is willing to spend that amount for it

·
Premium Member
7,303 Posts
How about a picture or two?? :)

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
Are the cams welded?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts