Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently completed two transmission swaps and I'm planning to post a step by step: How to remove and install the transmission safely. I have drafted the removal. It's about 4000 words. The install will be about 1/2 that. I also have quite a few photos, I have reduced them to about 250 KB each.

Is this too big to post normally?

Where do you recommend I post this. In Maintenance and Repairs or Engine and Drivetrain

Thanks, John Kenneth. Great Forum!

·
Gen 5/6 Forum Moderator
3,017 Posts
I do not believe there is a character limit, but if you hit one, splitting it into multiple posts is entirely acceptable.

I would defer to Engine and Drivetrain. If we need to move it later, one of my fellow staff members can facilitate, rename, sticky, and do all that good stuff.

·
Administrator
14,337 Posts
Memory escapes me how many pictures can go in a post but I usually keep it 10 or less. Splitting posts is what you are going to need to do if you have a lot of text and pictures.

·
Administrator
666 Posts
Posts can have 45000 characters in it, you'll be fine :D

If you're posting images using the attachment manager, you can have up to 10 images/files.

If you make your post very large, we suggest first saving the text content in a word doc in case you receive a security token error and the post is lost.

A security token error is a generic error when dealing with uploading images, you may have to reduce the number of images to push it through as the post has caused a timeout and the software doesnt know what to do with itself.

You could host the images off site and use the Insert Image button with the images URL which should reduce that possibility.

- JB

1 - 4 of 4 Posts