Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
Derek, do you use USAA? If not, then you need to get it while you are still active duty! Once you are out, you cannot get the insurance. I use USAA for insurance and banking. Great company!

I've had USAA since '99 and there service and fees are excellent. My insurance was about the same as your until I turned 25. Then my rates were cut in half, literally, 50% reduction. Now I'm 27.

Now I pay $47 per month for:

1999 Ford Taurus SE
Full Comprehensive/collision
Towing
no accidents, no tickets, no claims.

I have a multi car discount too....all total I pay $250 per month ($1467 for 6 months) for:

1999 Ford Taurus SE
1999 Ford Contour SVT
1998 Honda Prelude
1998 Honda CBR600F3

all have full comprehensive/collision and I am the only driver for all four (silly huh?)

·
Registered
233 Posts
I pay 52 dollars a month (I am talking USD this time hehehe). Thats comprehensive insurance including roadside care.
And thats with me being 19, and driving 1997 Taurus LX/Ghia...with 17 inch wheels, and sub covered under the policy.
That is 50% down from last year, so I am thrilled with it.

Julian

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by spridget@May 29 2004, 01:46 AM
Derek, do you use USAA?
Yup; that's who I've got. They had the best rates when I got my first insurance. Was a little over $200 when I first signed up with them. Saved $200 by waiting two days until after my 21st birthday. Didn't need insurance until then because I was in Korea and had no need for insurance. Also have checking and savings and a credit card with them.

Derek

·
Registered
65 Posts
$168 a month full coverage, Good Student discount, no accidents, no claims,

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
Originally posted by d_sellers1+May 29 2004, 01:32 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (d_sellers1 @ May 29 2004, 01:32 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-spridget@May 29 2004, 01:46 AM
Derek, do you use USAA?
Yup; that's who I've got. They had the best rates when I got my first insurance. Was a little over $200 when I first signed up with them. Saved $200 by waiting two days until after my 21st birthday. Didn't need insurance until then because I was in Korea and had no need for insurance. Also have checking and savings and a credit card with them.

Derek [/b][/quote]
Watch what happens when you turn 25. It will make you want to go out and buy a second car to add to your policy.

Or trade the Taurus in for a Z06..... :ph34r:

Y

·
0 Posts
State Farm Insurance

Full coverage-EVERYTHING!

$135 per month

i'm 18 no accidents, no tickets

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
I'm with State Farm and I've only got "one-way" insurance and good student discount. I figured it out to around $70 a month.

·
Premium Member
4,619 Posts
WAS $143 a month for 1997 Taurus w/full coverage and 1991 Ranger w/PLPD. 2 drivers 24 and 27 years old. No accidents, No tickets... (would have a million but i won them all at court), no points.

not sure what its gonna be with the 2004 and the ranger now. probably a little more.

oh yea, i have Farm Bureau.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I'm an ancient artifact. I'd embarrass you young guys with what I pay for insurance. But, it's one good thing about getting old... :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
$1300/ 6 months for full coverage on the MPV and liability on the Taurus, with 3 drivers, one being new (to the country anyway) and the other two having good records.

Oh yeah, this is with AIG and in NYC, which has a higher rate than most places...

·
Registered
478 Posts
$133CDN or so per month...1600 per year...for a 17 year old, 9 year old taurus, without my ehad unit covered, no accidents(on my record, my sister ran into a brick wall on my dads coverage;)_, full coverage.....not that bad......i guess....im with ICBC, a provincial run insurance agency.....no real private insurers for me :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts