Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Taurus is about to say bye bye and a Civic is taking it's spot. (go ahead and make fun of me now and then read the rest)

Okay, now that you're done, how much do you think I can get for my taurus?

It is a 98 SE with the DOHC duratec. I've done absolutely nothing to it except put a new tranny in it and put a cd player in the dash. It's in fair condition with a couple of dings and one dent in the rear passenger side door. It has 116,000 miles, but mostly highway. I'm thinking of 3500 obo, but I need another opinion.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
perhap the Kelly Blue Book people can give you a price range. Notice I said range, be prepared to be flexible and of course as we all are (whatever the car) when we see some estimates a bit let down. You can find it at: Kelly Blue Book

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
I work at a dealership, and according to the Black Book (dealers guide), value is between $2900 and $3900, so $3500 sounds about right

·
Premium Member
1,557 Posts
Kelly Blue Book tends to have higher prices than NADA which is why the dealer like to use them when selling a used car. Try www.nadaguides.com to see what you get. For high milage, price range seems to be in the $2000-$3500 range. If you sell it on your own, you'd probably get in the $2500-$3000 range. Take it to a dealer and they'll probably start at under $2000.

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
I'd take it for $2000. But I know you want more unfortunately thats about all I have to spend! Good Luck! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts