Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get rid of it. I'm tired of fixing stupid things. I love the car, but an overhaul for my transmission is $900-$1000. add $300-$400 to it and I can drive my RX7 again that has NO problems what so ever except it needing a rebuild, which the money would cover.

so, question I have, is what should I sell my 91 Sable with the 3.8L v-6 for? I would like to get atleast $1500 for it so I can rebuild my RX7. anyone think I can find a sucker or someone that might want it for that money?

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts
Considering you can get a 100k base 96 for $1500, I highly doubt you could expect that for a 91. You are welcome to try though, you never know what some people will pay.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Unless it is an OUTSTANDING example with no rust, super clean interior with no rips, super clean engine with original everything you can forget it.. The guy who would buy that would be into stuff like car shows where everything must be original, including nuts and bolts. Our cars aren't up to that status yet (maybe the 86 ones are..).

Sorry but its an old design with an engine that no one wants. $700 and tell them the tranny is busted.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts