Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i plan on removing and upgrading my system from my car... from 2 12" rockford fosgate's, 1000 watt 2 channel kenwood amp - a vented box with 2 10's kicker CVX's with a mono 2400 watt 1200rms mono amp... would this be toooo much bass for my back or front windshields?:evil:

·
Registered
374 Posts
If your driving a car that has the bass capability of blowing out the windshields, I think your question should be rephrased as 'how much bass can the human skull take?'

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Doesn't sound that extreme to me...

·
Registered
34 Posts
I am running JL Audio 1000w RMS...no issues in the trunk or rear window. Sealed custom box.

I say you had better install Dynomat :) Just saying...

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm running an Fi BL in my 2003 Taurus, with a Rockford Fosgate T-1500-1bd amp. I have it wired to one ohm. I don't have the birthsheet, but I am sure its getting closer to 1800 watts. But there is no such thing as too much bass.

What amp are you planning on running?

·
Registered
587 Posts
i was running a mach 5 audio spl 12 on a sun down audio sae1200d it put out 1500 rms so in other words No now i got a awesome set up not that my 15" ixl is in another box 1.65 cuft to be exact tuned to about 33 hertz it was getting to sloppy in the big box 3 cubic feet at 15 square inch of area per cubic feet for port area. so i shrunk it lol'z which it is getting 1000 rms right now of a re / us amps amp. any ways is 1200 rms to much hell no but will it be tuned right and not sound like a$$ is a better question for your self. i would go for a sq tune and enjoy the bass my self spl sounds like crap most of the time when ever i push the limits. and is to easy for me to do spl is so i tend to like sq plus it sounds a hole lot better.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I have 2 JL Audio W7 pushing 4000 watts and i dont have a problem. My front windsheild flexes alittle but not enough to blow it. with your system set up you have a long way to go before you start cracking your windsheild or rear glass at that.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Hey Diesel...which 2 W7s are you running close to 4K watts?

good catch they only put out about 1500 rms max thermal for the 13w7 which in real world watts is about 1000-1200 rms of true power. that's like saying my sub will handle 5000 watts rms continuously which is absolutely wrong. for a mach five spl to handle that continuously.

·
Registered
260 Posts
right, mine are running at max watts which is 2000 watts. I have a pioneer preimere amp 5 fared cap. yes i understand its not all true watts you will never get true wattage out of anything exspecially when it comes to car audio. you can only go for projected wattage.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have personally blown 4 13W7s testing maxes. 3 of the 4 went to 1800 before blowing. Just saying. The last one went to 2400. I'm suprised you found the 1/4 of good ones. Also...don't they sound like sh1t running that much? Ours started getting distorted at 1600 and got sh1tty from there.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Only way you're breaking glass with that setup is if you throw the sub through it. And curious as to why you would downgrade to 2 10's?

·
Registered
367 Posts
right, mine are running at max watts which is 2000 watts. I have a pioneer preimere amp 5 fared cap. yes i understand its not all true watts you will never get true wattage out of anything exspecially when it comes to car audio. you can only go for projected wattage.
:blink: You will get true wattage if you have sufficient electrical for you car to maintain the voltages the amp was tested at for its RMS rating. I don't even know why people look at max wattage. The only time you will see max wattage is if your amp gets struck by lightning while playing a massively clipped signal :lol2:

·
Premium Member
1,407 Posts
Im pretty sure you didnt want a list of ****... But lets just say the taurus can handle bass just fine. Here is what Im running currently.

*Taurus American International Radio kit
*Eclipse CD8445 In-dash Headunit
*Eclipse iPC-106 iPod Interface Adapter
*AudioControl Epic 150 Equalizer
*Rockford Fosgate T400-4 Amp
*Two Sets of Kicker 07 SS56.2 SS-Series 5 ¼" components
*DC Audio PAI 3000.1 Mono Amp
*Two 12" DC Audio lvl 4 XL D2
*Custom Built Carpeted Ported Box Tuned to 36hz. 3.03³ ft Per Chamber With 2.71³ ft After Displacement
*210+ High Output Alternator
*Big 3 Upgrade (1/0 wire)
*30' of 1/0 KnuKonceptz Kolossus Fleks Kable
*Three 300a KnuKonceptz ANL Fuses
*10' of 4ga Kicker Hyper-Flex Power Cable
*100a KnuKonceptz ANL Fuses
*Optima 9003-151 Optima RedTop 12 Volt Battery
*PowerMaster XS D3100 12 Volt Battery
*200^ FatMat Xtreme Car Sound Deadener

Meh not the best vid in the world... but check it out if you want.

Its an old vid of my current box. Speaking of which... I need to make a new vid lol. Oh btw The subs are wired down to .5 ohm load. My voltage rests at 15.5 and drops to no lower than 13 when i have the volume 3/4. (I never turn it up past 3/4). Im hitting 145's pretty consistently.

·
Registered
52 Posts
*Fi BTL 15
*4th Order Tuned To 47hz
*Kenwood eXcelon KDC-x494
*50' KnuKonceptz 0g
*Also sprayfoamed to seal box off from cab.
*2x C&D High Rate Series Max 134.1aH(110lbs. a piece!, BEAST). Haven't ever dropped below 13.4
*AudioQue AQ2200D

145.8 on TermLab and have a frequency range of 21-66hz... yes 21hz! Lol

If anyone is interested tyen let me know and I will post videos of it for you.

Crescendo Audio Components Coming Soon
220 Amp Alt Coming Soon
Crescendo 15s in a wall coming soon(either 2 or 4, not sure yet) on Crescendo 3kwp

1 - 20 of 29 Posts