Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am looking in to getting a wagon (4th gen) i am driving one now witch is on its last leg so id like to get a wagon my question is how many parts would interchange between the sedan and wagon

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
What is it that you want to swap over? It can be alot of things. The rear suspension is usually different on the wagon than the sedans.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (fdogg96 @ Jun 6 2010, 06:06 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=809897
What is it that you want to swap over? It can be alot of things. The rear suspension is usually different on the wagon than the sedans.[/b]

have not gotten wagon yet i just need to know if it is worth keeping my sedan or selling it im thinking like doors motor tranny interior to a point ect

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Doors only match below the windows. Rear suspension is different so it's not likely to swap. Engine and tranny parts may swap if similar range of years. Everything forward of the front seats should swap no problem.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (Qwertz9586 @ Jun 6 2010, 06:28 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=809919
Doors only match below the windows. Rear suspension is different so it's not likely to swap. Engine and tranny parts may swap if similar range of years. Everything forward of the front seats should swap no problem.[/b]

ok well i thank every one for the help i will probably be parting out my 2000 Taurus se in a few months

·
Premium Member
2,543 Posts
Front doors, yes. Rear doors no. Rear doors are the same as a Sable though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts