• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My moms '99 died in 2008 with a little over 232k on the odometer, which makes me wonder just how much further it could have gone if it had been properly maintained. 300k? 400k?? Even more???

Anyways, how many miles do you guys have on your Bulls? User with the highest amount of miles receives brownie points + bragging rights. :p

EDIT: Feel free to post pictures of your Bull, as well as a description (Year, Trim, Recent Work, etc).

·
Registered
107 Posts
159,702 miles. 2000 SE.

·
Owner of #RaceSable
2,398 Posts
19X,xxx and still going strong! Its gone to Carlisle twice and I'll be taking it again next year!

·
Registered
78 Posts
How do bulls die? Other than the tyranny, what fails after a very long time with good maintenance?

·
Has It Been That Long?
12,012 Posts
How do bulls die? Other than the tyranny, what fails after a very long time with good maintenance?

Well, tyranny always leads to a bad end, ;) , but most of them die by rust if the trans doesn't get them first.

·
Exalted Grand Poobah
4,753 Posts
189,422 as it sits in the driveway tonight. I need to get it out onto the Interstate for a long-range trip by and by. I prefer the US Highways so I can see places, but there's no substitute for a 500+ mile run at 85-90mph to clean out the pipes and really heat up the heads to clean them out.

·
Administrator
14,337 Posts
With GOOD maintenance, you should be able to get a lot of miles out of not only the engine but the trans too. Rust is usually the killer, or the loose nut behind the wheel.

·
Registered
879 Posts
2013 SEL, PI grille, aftermarket sound system, plastidipped rims and other trim, morimoto HIDs, Go Rhino push bar on the way. Just shy of 89k behind it

·
Administrator
14,947 Posts
Outside of collision the leading causes of Bull death are, neglect, trans and rust. Pretty much in that order and probably 75% or more of trans failures fall under neglect

Current stable;
88K SHO
138K SHO
164k SE Wagon
Honorable mention 1:
294k LX Wagon, in excellent condition and running like a champ when totaled
Honorable mention 2:
312k Ranger XLT, relevant because it is Vulcan powered.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Sorry I read the number wrong, I thought you had the new low record. Your car looks phenomenal regardless. Can't wait to see it with that push bar on there. B)
Can't wait to get it! Got tracking today, scheduled to arrive on Tuesday!

·
Registered
137 Posts
135,000 2000 Sable with the Duratec. Expertly maintained for at least the last 100,000 miles. There's a few small issues but still runs smooth as silk and pulls real hard above 3500 rpms.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.