Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

61 - 64 of 64 Posts

Registered
I'm currently at 299,915 miles on my 2000 Taurus and was going to hit my goal of 300K tomorrow and 4 miles from home tonight, it started making a horrible roaring engine noise so I made it home and hear a rattle from the timing cover area. Kinda scared to drive it now, so it looks like I won't hit my goal of 300k 馃槥 it's been a good 18yr run.

Registered
2003 Ford Taurus DOHC 201k miles
201k- rebuilt trans, coil, plug wires. Burns oil. Oil pressure light comes on at low rpm. Plan to take it to 300k.

Registered
I'm currently at 299,915 miles on my 2000 Taurus and was going to hit my goal of 300K tomorrow and 4 miles from home tonight, it started making a horrible roaring engine noise so I made it home and hear a rattle from the timing cover area. Kinda scared to drive it now, so it looks like I won't hit my goal of 300k 馃槥 it's been a good 18yr run.
That does not seem fair.

Registered
That does not seem fair.
IT starts and can drive, but listening to the noise, it sounds like its coming from the front chain, so im guessing a tensioner or guide went bad. I could just try to drive it on the highway and try to hit the magical 300K mark lol. Not sure how much of a task it is to repalce the timing chain, or just repalce the guide itself. Might just sell it for parts for $5-600 and call it a day.

61 - 64 of 64 Posts