Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
673,053 I hit 600k yesterday. Lost a little compression over the years and burns a bit of oil ... :blink: :eek:

haha j/k

The few 'tecs I have seen in junyards all had >200k miles on them. Except for the ones that were prematurely taken off the road via collision. [/b]
Looks like you are 73K over 600k? ;)

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Went past 55,555 on the way to work.

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
the good news...121k :thumb:

the bad news... my water pump went out monday :angryfire:
[/b]

This is exactly how may miles my Sable LS had on it when the water pump when bad. You may want to change the thermostat while your at it for peace of mind, cheap insurance.

·
Premium Member
7,306 Posts
<div class='quotemain'> 673,053 I hit 600k yesterday. Lost a little compression over the years and burns a bit of oil ... :blink: :eek:

haha j/k

The few 'tecs I have seen in junyards all had >200k miles on them. Except for the ones that were prematurely taken off the road via collision. [/b]
Looks like you are 73K over 600k? ;)
[/b][/quote]

Ya caught me!

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Lil over 64k on my '02

·
Registered
50 Posts
307,633 and just started eperiencing low oil pressure. 10lbs Just purchased a 51,000 mile Duratec engine salvage from a pristine Sable (except for the large dent in the side) Will have it installed next week. Headed for 400,000. Still LOVE this car.

·
Registered
263 Posts
2003 with 138K

·
Registered
299 Posts
Sold mine with 235k, running strong. Used i/4qt oil between 5000k mile oil changes (probably all leaks). Loved the car but tried to help my grandson with a good running car. Kids can destroy anything quickly.

·
Registered
540 Posts
210K on my '04 Sable, and my '02 SES only has about 120K

·
Registered
182 Posts
116K, 150K 190K. All '03's. Rust will keep them from high miles. These and the previous 6 Bulls never had a tranny issue.
Of course I could cheat and switch out the one in the pic from the JY.
-chart-
I'd say that's a bad idea. It's defective (look at the fuel and temp gauges, I don't think the needles are supposed to be like that).

·
Registered
9,827 Posts
That was a bit of a joke. I think the hands could be just moved back to position but I would only use this in an emergency. My '03 Sable had the ABS/TCS module fail and it burned out the amber lamp. I took the module from this car at the JY and took the cluster out for the bulb. But just decided to take the whole thing. The module worked fine. Tedious project.
-chart-

·
Registered
182 Posts
For the record, I'm feeling rather left out, because my Bull has high mileage, but doesn't have a Duratec.

Aww, <censored> on it.......

41 - 60 of 64 Posts