Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
...do i have the lowest mileage? bought a year ago with 34998 miles but im up to 44228 miles. looked a bit wierd when i hit 44044 but i will take a pic when i hit 44444. no problems, only things done so far have been oil changes

·
Registered
169 Posts
My Suse's still a baby. Today I had to get the mileage so I could mark down in her repair records about the battery change. The mileage right now is 113,362. When I first got her I had some work done including tune-up, oil change, inspection, new tires, rotors, balancing tires, filter changes, transmission oil drain and replace with filter, etc. Then she had 113,283 (back in May). I don't drive much, I know. Well, I don't drive *far*.

So I have a relatively "new" engine I'd say. Just broken in, I guess.

·
Registered
200 Posts
<div class='quotemain'> the good news...121k :thumb:

the bad news... my water pump went out monday :angryfire: [/b]
Steph - It doesn't look like the WP is that hard to change on a Duratec...am I wrong? Still 121k on the oem WP is good.
[/b][/quote]

i didnt say it was hard... any time i cant drive the "tec", its bad news

·
Premium Member
1,740 Posts
<div class='quotemain'> Rachel's has almost 81k on her 03. I haven't done anything to it since we bought it at 53k LAST MAY (oops). Cept for front tires and front brakes. [/b]

Oh god, no oil changes!!!? :p

[/b][/quote]

Um, well yeah... I did those.... it needs one like 6 thousand ago too... never time... :noes: . At least it never goes anywhere anymore lol

·
Registered
340 Posts
about 300,000 on my 'Tec until I blew the motor......ain't complaining a bit. Will shove another motor once I get the $$$ and a motor.

Have a good one

Bob

·
Registered
183 Posts
The Centennial just hit 50,000 miles while driving through a thunderstorm at 10:35 PM. I pulled off into a parking lot to take the pics so I didn't get into an accident. Just had the 50,000 mile service completed two days ago and the thing runs like new.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,809 Posts
The Centennial just hit 50,000 miles while driving through a thunderstorm at 10:35 PM. I pulled off into a parking lot to take the pics so I didn't get into an accident. Just had the 50,000 mile service completed two days ago and the thing runs like new.
[/b]
50k mile service?

·
Registered
183 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
50k mile service?
[/b][/quote]
Just basic service - oil change, tire rotation, multi-point inspection.

·
Registered
100 Posts
221k miles on the car. 155k or so on the engine. 25-28 mpg, mostly 55 mph highway driving. Maybe the 0w30 Mobil 1 oil helps a little bit...

·
Premium Member
1,522 Posts
'00 Sable. 140k
Motor wise only one coil and that went when I cleaned the motor when I bought it w/80k on it.
Zero motor problems so far, just rebuilt the front end. Struts, ball joints, links and wheel bearings. Tie rods and rack OK so far. One rear wheel bearing/hub as the tone ring rusted away.
Looking for 200k + outta this car. Last 2 bulls, '88 & '94 went 150k and 170k.

·
Registered
318 Posts
90,800 on my 2000 Taurus SE Wagon. I just bought it a week ago and am the third owner. Last owner did oil changes and tire rotation every 3K miles...thats it.

I spent my first Saturday changing ATF, coolant, coolant reservoir, oil and filter, fuel filter, cabin filter, engine air filter, #6 coil, spark plugs, two melted valve cover hoses and the power steering fluid.

We flushed 18 qts through the transmission and it was still pretty black. Took it into Ford on Monday to get the filter replaced and all the brake fluid drained/refilled. I'd planned on doing the brake fluid myself, but we have a trip coming up and the price was decent. :)

·
Premium Member
7,306 Posts
673,053 I hit 600k yesterday. Lost a little compression over the years and burns a bit of oil ... :blink: :eek:

haha j/k

The few 'tecs I have seen in junyards all had >200k miles on them. Except for the ones that were prematurely taken off the road via collision.

21 - 40 of 65 Posts