Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
Do you have a Column Or Floor Shift Model?
You should have 1 Cigarette (cigar) Lighter.

There is an AUX power point right below it.

Does your dash look like this?

[attachment=29134:Highlite...entpanel.jpg]

Are you not counting the top one because there is a blank cover over it? Pop that baby out, and you'll have two.

If yours is different send us a pic of your dash board.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,303 Posts
:werd:

But not sure if the lower power point plug can be used as a lighter outlet. :dunno:

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
Oh trust me, the bottom power point can't be used with the cigar lighter. I have tried :twisted:

The Screw head they use for a POSITIVE Connection doesn't protrude out enough to make a connection.

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
You would have to change the socket to the type they use for the lighters. The aux socket is just that, an aux socket. It's only a power point. I don't suggest running any high drain items from either socket. I melted the wires on mine running one of those electric heaters when my heater core blew up.

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
Melted wires? Could someone have over-amped the Fuse maybe? I know I have done it myself to get home :pat:.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, buddy.

I bought a car mp3 which needs to be plugged into cigarette lighter. But poor contact happened.

I can charge my GPS with my car's cigarette.

Please give me some advice to solve this problem. I am a newbie for car.

Thanks.

QUOTE (thesavo @ Apr 14 2009, 06:00 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=717601
Do you have a Column Or Floor Shift Model?
You should have 1 Cigarette (cigar) Lighter.

There is an AUX power point right below it.

Does your dash look like this?

[attachment=29134:Highlite...entpanel.jpg]

Are you not counting the top one because there is a blank cover over it? Pop that baby out, and you'll have two.

If yours is different send us a pic of your dash board.[/b]

·
Premium Member
2,543 Posts
Actually, your 2005 has NO cigarette lighters. There are just two power sockets pictured in the dash.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
QUOTE (sfhess @ Apr 15 2009, 04:38 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=717976
Actually, your 2005 has NO cigarette lighters. There are just two power sockets pictured in the dash.[/b]

Since I don't smoke, I wouldn't mind getting a secondary power point to replace the cigarette lighter in my car.

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
QUOTE (Bull Geek @ Apr 15 2009, 05:43 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=717987
QUOTE (sfhess @ Apr 15 2009, 04:38 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=717976
Actually, your 2005 has NO cigarette lighters. There are just two power sockets pictured in the dash.[/b]

Since I don't smoke, I wouldn't mind getting a secondary power point to replace the cigarette lighter in my car.
[/b][/quote]

I need to replace the upper socket. It's hard to make it work for accessories.

Tried to use it to charge my DSAM (Testing meter), and it has to be jiggled around to work, along with anything else plugged in. Kind of annoying since the bottom is for my SIRIUS radio... :(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts