Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok heres the story i wrecked my car bout 2 months ago now, the car has been sitting since then i rear ended someone so u can guess that the radiator, cooling fan and exterior stuff got destroyed. anyway today i yanked out the radiator and the cooling fan leaving exposed radiator hoses and oil and trans lines both leaking. how long do i have b4 itll cause some major damage to the motor or trans? is it ok to have those hoses and lines open or exposed? im trying to get it into the shop to have them straighten the front end out but kinda short on cash. thanks for all the advice.

·
Premium Member
2,170 Posts
I'd say it's fine to sit as long as you want it to, as long as dirt and water are not getting into your lines. Just in case i'd put a little bag over the trans cooler lines to keep dirt getting in. Your transmission won't like that. I mouse could also fit into your radiator hose too, and if he decides to store his food in there, it could cause problems when it's time to reassemble the car.

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
I agree that it's no big deal to leave the hoses off, but you definitely want to cover them up. I would suggest a couple of plastic baggies, attached with heavy duty rubber bands. Also, check them every few days to make sure no mice have decided to make it their home.

JR

1 - 3 of 3 Posts