Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if the following sounds newbish coming from me.
How fast is it set to and is there a difference between the 98 and the 99. My father believes that there is, He feels that the 98 with the vulcan is set to 115mph and the 99 w/ vulcan is set to 110mph. What's the best way to bump up the limiter and how much would it cost. :cool_shades:

·
Registered
486 Posts
The best way would be to get a chip. They would remove the limiter and it would give ya some extra ponies. Id go with one from AmericanMotorsport. I plan to get one and have heard nothin but praise about them.

Also, if you plan on going faster you might want to get some performance tires that are rated for higher speeds, because IIRC the stock tires are only rated for 118 mph. Any faster and you will prolly blow a tire, and at those speeds, not a good idea. :unsure:

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by mth676@May 24 2004, 07:39 PM
The best way would be to get a chip. They would remove the limiter and it would give ya some extra ponies. Id go with one from AmericanMotorsport. I plan to get one and have heard nothin but praise about them.

Also, if you plan on going faster you might want to get some performance tires that are rated for higher speeds, because IIRC the stock tires are only rated for 118 mph. Any faster and you will prolly blow a tire, and at those speeds, not a good idea. :unsure:
I thought that would be necessary but would the chip be able to tweak the car but still allow it to run all the time on regular, I don't think he is going to want to have to put premium in it but thats his decision.

·
Registered
486 Posts
You can have the chip burned to run on regular. I personally want a chip with 2 settings, one for regular and one for premium when I want a little more performance. AmericanMotorsport will work with you and burn the chip within parameters that you specify, I'd post something in the EEC tuning section of the performance mods section. They often reply on there and would most likely be more than willing to help you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts