Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
N.E. Chapter Moderator
2,684 Posts
driving to near empty is really not good for the fuel pump.
overfilling to overflowing is another bad idea .

sorry ...did not want to come off as a jerk here...but ...just saying.

This is a "how high have you seen the computer readout" thread, not a "how many miles have you gotten out of the car before it ran out of gas" thread.

I dont know of anyone who fills it til it is overflowing. The gas pump clicks off when it hits a certain level. So for me, that 422 miles til E was simply from that.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I dont know of anyone who fills it til it is overflowing. The gas pump clicks off when it hits a certain level.
Did that once with my Contour.:lol2: Wasn't at a gas pump, but I was adding gas from some containers when it started gushing out from the filler neck.
<mytubeelement data="{"bundle":{"label_delimitor":":","percentage":"%","smart_buffer":"Smart Buffer","start_playing_when_buffered":"Start playing when buffered","sound":"Sound","desktop_notification":"Desktop Notification","continuation_on_next_line":"-","loop":"Loop","only_notify":"Only Notify","estimated_time":"Estimated Time","global_preferences":"Global Preferences","no_notification_supported_on_your_browser":"No notification style supported on your browser version","video_buffered":"Video Buffered","buffered":"Buffered","hyphen":"-","buffered_message":"The video has been buffered as requested and is ready to play.","not_supported":"Not Supported","on":"On","off":"Off","click_to_enable_for_this_site":"Click to enable for this site","desktop_notification_denied":"You have denied permission for desktop notification for this site","notification_status_delimitor":";","error":"Error","adblock_interferance_message":"Adblock (or similar extension) is known to interfere with SmartVideo. Please add this url to adblock whitelist.","calculating":"Calculating","waiting":"Waiting","will_start_buffering_when_initialized":"Will start buffering when initialized","will_start_playing_when_initialized":"Will start playing when initialized","completed":"Completed","buffering_stalled":"Buffering is stalled. Will stop.","stopped":"Stopped","hr":"Hr","min":"Min","sec":"Sec","any_moment":"Any Moment","popup_donate_to":"Donate to","extension_id":null},"prefs":{"desktopNotification":true,"soundNotification":true,"logLevel":0,"enable":true,"loop":false,"hidePopup":true,"autoPlay":false,"autoBuffer":false,"autoPlayOnBuffer":false,"autoPlayOnBufferPercentage":42,"autoPlayOnSmartBuffer":true,"quality":"large","fshd":false,"onlyNotification":false,"enableFullScreen":true,"saveBandwidth":false,"hideAnnotations":true,"turnOffPagedBuffering":true}}" event="preferencesUpdated" id="myTubeRelayElementToPage"></mytubeelement><mytubeelement data="{"loadBundle":true}" event="relayPrefs" id="myTubeRelayElementToTab"></mytubeelement>

·
Registered
52 Posts
Generally goes to 430 - 455 miles........ depending on how heavy my right foot was on the last tank. :woot:

·
Registered
140 Posts
The highest the I've even seen on the Sable was 00 MPG. Thing was on empty when I got it, still on empty now. Surprising how many times it has been started and moved with such an unknown amount of fuel. lol

The Grand Marquis can give me DTE too, highest I've seen was 420 miles after a lot of highway driving. I laughed knowing once I got back into city driving, that tank would only last around 280 miles. Best I've gotten from the car so far was around 340 miles on a tank.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
I dont know of anyone who fills it til it is overflowing. The gas pump clicks off when it hits a certain level.
Really? You never pump gas next to a woman that keeps clicking and clicking that pump trying to squeeze more gas into her car?
Of course that means that some gas sits into the rubber filler hose.
In time that hose would prematurely fail because of that, but how cares, it will be time for a new car anyway!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts