Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2010 SEL and i wanted to no how hard it is to install a turbo cause i was just thinkin today that i wanted to put a turbo on it. So i have a few questions How hard is a install, What all would i need and What would the parts cost estimated thanks guys

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
fuel pump, injectors, change compression ratio, head gaskets, programing,

it can be done.... might be cheaper to do the eco boost sho swap

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
It would proabably be cheaper to get a SHO since it already has the turbos.

You could proabably use several SHO parts but you would need a tuner, fuel upgrade and MAF. The SHO pipes hug the engine since there is not much room to begin with.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@Bigdogg2830 what do you mean by that? like a complete engine swap

@loudsho92 it probably would ne cheaper but the reason i asked was i seen a N.I.B. Garret turbo on craigslist for $400 and it just gave me an idea. I just want to add some more power to my car and everything I see weather it be a C.A.I. or tuner its always for the sho. What in your opinion would you recommend to boost up my performance to make a noticable difference? thanks guys.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
@Bigdogg2830 what do you mean by that? like a complete engine swap

@loudsho92 it probably would ne cheaper but the reason i asked was i seen a N.I.B. Garret turbo on craigslist for $400 and it just gave me an idea. I just want to add some more power to my car and everything I see weather it be a C.A.I. or tuner its always for the sho. What in your opinion would you recommend to boost up my performance to make a noticable difference? thanks guys.
The turbo would need to be sized correctly for the application. You can't just slap one on and go. I don't know of much for the new Duratec right now outside of SHO upgrades. Even most SHO upgrade apply to the "external" like catback or intake.

you can maybe do the SHO catback or the CAI but I don't know of anything else. You can try for custom cams or a tuner. With the motor still new you will have to pioneer any upgrades or go SHO.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts