Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
It's a bitch 1st time around. I replaced mine last month and took me about 6-hours. The radiator come out from the bottom. You'll need about 20-inches of clearance using jack stands.

Finding all the bolts that holds the radiator in is somewhat tricky. The 2-top bolts are hidden near the head ilights. There's a 1-inch hole near the head lamps to access these bolts. After that it's pretty much a straight forward process. Separation between the radiator and air conditioning condenser is necessary.

While doing this, find breaks to clean-up as you go. It's a messy job with coolant and transmission fluid running.

Oh yeah don't forget to buy a 3/8 inch disconnect tool. The disconnect tool will help you separate the transmission oil lines from the radiator. Study how to use this tool to remove from old radiator and install the new radiator.

I replaced my OEM radiator with a Performance Radiator. Temperatures are back to normal and no LEAKS. :)

Monsoon

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a bitch 1st time around. I replaced mine last month and took me about 6-hours. The radiator come out from the bottom. You'll need about 20-inches of clearance using jack stands.

Finding all the bolts that holds the radiator in is somewhat tricky. The 2-top bolts are hidden near the head lights. There's a 1-inch hole near the head lamps to access these bolts. It's pretty much a straight forward process. Separation between the radiator and air conditioning condenser is necessary.

I replaced my OEM radiator with a Performance Radiator. Temperatures are back to normal and no LEAKS. :)

Monsoon
i do not think i went to tackle that it is time for me to think of parting ways with her it is 5 degrees during the day and my shop has no heat

·
Devoted Member
2,426 Posts
i do not think i went to tackle that it is time for me to think of parting ways with her it is 5 degrees during the day and my shop has no heat
Cmon! I know you guys in Maine can get ahold of a propane salamander heater, we can in NY! Not as hard as Monsoon makes it sound. When I changed one (in winter) I propped the front up as high as I could get, took off the entire bumper cover (surprisingly easy) and it was fairly easy. The rad drops out the bottom. Granted, pulling the bumper cover isn't spec'ed out as part of the job, but it made it really easy to accomplish and I got to take a good look at everything on the front end (steel lines, horns, washer pump, sprayed some rust converter while I was in there). All your posts are sounding like the first owner neglected coolant maint. on your car.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
they (not joking) dumped at least 3 -4 bottles of stop leak in the system

1 - 8 of 8 Posts