Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

161 - 167 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
well forget driving fast now in ontario,if your going 150 kmph they impound your car,lose your licence,go to jail and get fined $10000 wow and they are really enforcing it and getting a lot of people

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
a OG member from SHO forum told me before I turboed my car.

"haha you think thats fast. just wait till you finish your project, and you'll be hittin 140+ getting on the highway everyday"

I haven't taken my car past 135 since I turboed it but since it pulls as hard in 4th as it did in first when it was stock I have a hunch that it will go 160+ mph no problem.

well forget driving fast now in ontario,if your going 150 kmph they impound your car,lose your licence,go to jail and get fined $10000 wow and they are really enforcing it and getting a lot of people[/b]
well then you should be safe in your vulcan :mj_banana:

·
Registered
195 Posts
shoot I got pulled over for going 58 in a 50 area I dont think cops like my grey hood :ph34r:
[/b]
its ok cops don't like me either ive been pulled over 3 times in a week b4....
-1st going 61 in a 55mph( also i was going with the flow of traffic) ticket and now im on 9months court supervision and i have to take an 8hr class
-2nd- doing a california stop( since im black he asked could he search my car for drugs and weapons, and asked if the car was mine....pissed me off :angryfire: ) no ticket just a warning
3rd- supposly tailgating which i wasnt i was 3 secs behind no ticket he just called my mom and tried to get me in trouble

this was every other day that week. and they all were park city cops except one was for lake zurich the one that accused me of tailgating

- reggie

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
well forget driving fast now in ontario,if your going 150 kmph they impound your car,lose your licence,go to jail and get fined $10000 wow and they are really enforcing it and getting a lot of people
[/b]
150km/h is like 92mph IIRC. Too lazy to do the math, but 100km/h = 62mph and 160km/h = 100mph, so its close enough. His Vulcan can easily get there and maintain more than that, my Vulcan wagon can...

Edit: This is good to know, I will be in Ontario in 2 weeks. Shall not go 150+km/h on 17 anymore then...

I took my car to the limiter of 112 MPH once. :) Plans to do that again are not in my immediate future.
[/b]
Isn't so bad in my wagon, even with bad alignment.

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
I've been to 140 in my friend's 2002 Mustang GT, and 135 (limiter) in my 2002 VW Jetta GLI 24V VR6 6 speed Manual, and it for SURE had more to go. Because of it being drive by wire it just feels like you are holding it at 135 even with the petal to the floor. It would probably do at least 150.

·
Registered
30 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
I took my car to the limiter of 112 MPH once. :) Plans to do that again are not in my immediate future.
[/b]
Isn't so bad in my wagon, even with bad alignment.
[/b][/quote]

It's not that the car was unstable or anything, it's just that I don't want to risk either getting a major ticket (the cops around here drive anything, mostly unmarked cars), or having a mechanical problem with the car.

161 - 167 of 167 Posts